One Bad-Ass Cat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: One Bad-Ass Cat
(14-05-2014 05:29 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Cat saves Bakersfield CA boy from being mauled by dog:

Wow. Just wow.

Damn! Shocking
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
14-05-2014, 09:52 PM
My cat has never had to do anything like that, but he'll stand his ground if a dog approaches.

Our neighbors had a big cross breed dog called Tessa, that could often be very nasty... She came up to our Tommy, just to sniff him... Tommy, quick as lightning gave her a right hook to the nose, then shot up a tree.

I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels,
But I would slave to learn the way to sink your ship of fools
. - The Grateful Dead
14-05-2014, 09:57 PM
(14-05-2014 08:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 07:59 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  My kitty eats dogs.

Holy chit! How big is the litter box?

Laugh out load The litter box is the size of the mountain behind her. She lives in the mountains near the ranch where I keep my horses. She never bothers the horses and the horses are not even afraid of her. She lives off the deer and elk in the area. Occasionally she will kill a dog for a snack.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
15-05-2014, 12:05 AM
I had a cat for 18 years, and he hated dogs. It did not matter how big the dog was, he attacked by jumping on their backs. He only attacked the dog if it came into his yard.

I suppose he never lost an attack (can't call it a fight) due to the element of surprise. The dogs always screamed and just ran. After a while, every dog that lived in our neighborhood knew not to come into the yard.

Cool video!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
15-05-2014, 08:15 AM
Is it just me? Isn't that dog exhibiting hunting behavior?

He stalked the kid, charged, and was dragging him off.

That dog needs to be restrained or put down.

I would tell the owner of that dog, "The next time I see it loose, I will shoot it."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
15-05-2014, 08:24 AM
I just heard of this and saw it elsewhere today. This video is equal parts terrible and awesome. Terrible because the kid got hurt and traumatized, but awesome because of that cat's display of badassness badassitude badassery.

(Spellcheck, you're doing nothing to help me here. One of those has to be a real word.)
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
15-05-2014, 08:26 AM
(15-05-2014 08:24 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I just heard of this and saw it elsewhere today. This video is equal parts terrible and awesome. Terrible because the kid got hurt and traumatized, but awesome because of that cat's display of badassness badassitude badassery.

(Spellcheck, you're doing nothing to help me here. One of those has to be a real word.)

I like all three words and hereby declare them good to use on the forum in the future.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-05-2014, 08:38 AM
I once had an attack cat. It was a feral kitten I found in the ditch along the road, half dead, tongue hanging out and not moving on a day that was over 100 degrees. It revived when I stuck it in front of the air conditioner in my car.

It attached itself to me, tolerated my husband, and liked no other people at all. Was like a dog following me around.

One day I got in an argument with a friend and voices got loud and the cat launched and attacked him. I was lucky he didn't sue me. Another time I yelled at one of my Shepherds and the cat jumped on his back and started beating his face.

I had to be very careful from thereon what she could witness and who she could be around. So, attack cats can be negatives also. Still, if some burglar had climbed through my window at night he would have left asap - I have no doubt she would have attacked him. So there was that, a security cat.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-05-2014, 09:00 AM
(15-05-2014 08:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  Is it just me? Isn't that dog exhibiting hunting behavior?

He stalked the kid, charged, and was dragging him off.

That dog needs to be restrained or put down.

I would tell the owner of that dog, "The next time I see it loose, I will shoot it."

I'm wondering if they found the dog to make sure the animal had rabies shots otherwise the little tyke is going to have to endure the shots along with the dog bites. Poor little boy. Hope he isn't terrified of dogs for the rest of his life. Dogs are great animals, usually.

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
15-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Sorry to say, but that dog needs to be put down.