One Bad-Ass Cat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2014, 09:08 AM
RE: One Bad-Ass Cat
Usually dogs that attack unprovoked are put down.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2014, 09:47 AM
(15-05-2014 09:06 AM)TheBear Wrote:  Sorry to say, but that dog needs to be put down.

It is. In the initial news report I heard elsewhere, it's being kept in observation for ten days to make sure it doesn't have rabies or similar infections, then it is being put down.

On a related note, I like how they just opt to feed it for ten days and observe it rather than pay for testing. It's interestingly pragmatic.
15-05-2014, 09:59 AM
(15-05-2014 09:47 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 09:06 AM)TheBear Wrote:  Sorry to say, but that dog needs to be put down.

It is. In the initial news report I heard elsewhere, it's being kept in observation for ten days to make sure it doesn't have rabies or similar infections, then it is being put down.

On a related note, I like how they just opt to feed it for ten days and observe it rather than pay for testing. It's interestingly pragmatic.

http://www.vin.com/vetzinsight/default.a...id=5620284

It's actually the best way to see if the child is going to need treatment.

My dad went through rabies treatments a few times and they aren't pleasant but part of being a veterinarian.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
16-05-2014, 05:49 AM
(15-05-2014 09:59 AM)Anjele Wrote:  http://www.vin.com/vetzinsight/default.a...id=5620284

It's actually the best way to see if the child is going to need treatment.

My dad went through rabies treatments a few times and they aren't pleasant but part of being a veterinarian.

Oh, no, I get that. I realized that the point was that it's cheaper to let the animal live for ten days to diagnose it rather than to do a bunch of blood work. That's why I commented on it being so pragmatic. So, when someone complains "why is that dog still alive?", you say "It's the best way to figure out what's best for the kid it attacked.".
16-05-2014, 06:10 AM
I believe determining rabies in a dog still requires an examination of the brain not the blood. The head is removed and sent to a specialized lab.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
16-05-2014, 06:19 AM
(16-05-2014 06:10 AM)Dee Wrote:  I believe determining rabies in a dog still requires an examination of the brain not the blood. The head is removed and sent to a specialized lab.

That seems to be largely true.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-05-2014, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2014 08:18 AM by DLJ.)
Am I the only one who thinks that the dog was only doing what comes naturally when chancing upon a stray baby monkey?

It probably thought it was just picking off a sick one as the kid had a wheelchair.

Meanwhile... I want that edited with sound effects... skidding noises as the cat checks itself and heads back to the boy.

Angel

16-05-2014, 10:14 AM
(16-05-2014 07:47 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Am I the only one who thinks that the dog was only doing what comes naturally when chancing upon a stray baby monkey?

It probably thought it was just picking off a sick one as the kid had a wheelchair.

Meanwhile... I want that edited with sound effects... skidding noises as the cat checks itself and heads back to the boy.

Angel

No, you're not the only one. It was exhibiting its wolf heritage.

However, breeding and training are supposed to check that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user