Poll: In your mind, is DeepThought hot?
... in a Diet Coke advert kinda way
... in a meek, unassuming and vulnerable kinda way
... in a scruffy, intellectual kinda way
... in a NOT! kinda way
... I've never thought about it
[Show Results]

One For The Ladies: Virtually Hot or Not?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2014, 08:55 PM
One For The Ladies: Virtually Hot or Not?
OK, so I met DeepThought yesterday.

And was once again reminded as to how perception and reality are often strangers and are rarely even formally introduced to each other.

So this is a question for those who do not know what he looks like.

Out of curiosity (and without his permission) I was wondering what mental image / perception you had of TTA's IT Department (Deep)...
... or anyone else for that matter.

In this instance, I will draw a scale... recognising that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that hot-ness-osity is subjective and that physical attraction and cerebral connection are not always synonymous...

At one end of the scale, we have the likes of Buddy Christ / WATCosmos etc. - fine physical specimens who if they turned up to do your IT Support, ladies, would make your drives all hard and your discs all floppy. We're talking Diet Coke ad.

At the other end of the scale, we have e.g. Trainwreck - who may have cut a dash in his day but has seen a bit or wear and tear since then (and yes, like the coward that I am, I picked him because he's not around to defend himself).

If you don't know what Trainwreck looks like maybe an easier and less extreme point of reference might be myself or Girly - IT guys who have a few scars, a few kilos too many, 50+, and if your IT support came from here... well... remote support would be just fine.
(no offence intended, G-Man)

So without letting on my post- and pre- conceptions of Deep...

Where would you rate Deep on a hotness scale?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
28-03-2014, 09:03 PM
RE: One For The Ladies: Virtually Hot or Not?
ps, Aurora, you are not allowed to vote for obvious reasons Tongue

28-03-2014, 09:04 PM
(28-03-2014 08:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  OK, so I met DeepThought yesterday.

And was once again reminded as to how perception and reality are often strangers and are rarely even formally introduced to each other.

Out of curiosity (and without his permission) I was wondering what mental image / perception you had of TTA's IT Department (Deep)...

In this instance, I will draw a scale... recognising that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that hot-ness-osity is subjective and that physical attraction and cerebral connection are not always synonymous...

At one end of the scale, we have the likes of Buddy Christ / WATCosmos etc. - fine physical specimens who if they turned up to do your IT Support, ladies, would make your drives all hard and your discs all floppy. We're talking Diet Coke ad.

At the other end of the scale, we have e.g. Trainwreck - who may have cut a dash in his day but has seen a bit or wear and tear since then (and yes, like the coward that I am, I picked him because he's not around to defend himself).

If you don't know what Trainwreck looks like maybe an easier and less extreme point of reference might be myself or Girly - IT guys who have a few scars, a few kilos too many, 50+, and if your IT support came from here... well... remote support would be just fine.

He's an aussie so (having never seen a pic and only heard his voice once) I would assume he looks like...

[Image: dr_robert_chase_wallpaper_1920x1200_1.jpg]

Crossed with

[Image: 56893-4108.gif]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 7 users Like Revenant77x's post
28-03-2014, 09:06 PM
I had to vote that I hadn't thought about it just because I just haven't had much interaction with him Undecided

Oh, and if you and girly are the low end of the scale.... Ohmy I think both of you gentlemen are quite attractive Drinking Beverage Blush aw jeez, did I admit that?? Lol btw... I could use some help here setting up my personal storage cloud.. Just sayin' Angel

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
28-03-2014, 09:11 PM
(28-03-2014 09:03 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ps, Aurora, you are not allowed to vote for obvious reasons Tongue

Dodgy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
28-03-2014, 09:16 PM
(28-03-2014 09:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  ...
He's an aussie so (having never seen a pic and only heard his voice once) I would assume he looks like...

Crossed with

One of those is closer to the truth but I won't say which just yet.

Also, I have just realised that I can't see the result of the vote until I have chosen an option myself. Bugger!

28-03-2014, 09:17 PM
(28-03-2014 09:16 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 09:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  ...

Crossed with

One of those is closer to the truth but I won't say which just yet.

Also, I have just realised that I can't see the result of the vote until I have chosen an option myself. Bugger!

He's Donk isn't he!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
28-03-2014, 09:19 PM
I'm another who hasn't had enough interaction to vote beyond "haven't thought about it."
28-03-2014, 09:23 PM
(28-03-2014 09:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 08:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  OK, so I met DeepThought yesterday.

Crossed with

I just died from this LOL

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
28-03-2014, 09:27 PM
(28-03-2014 09:23 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 09:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  He's an aussie so (having never seen a pic and only heard his voice once) I would assume he looks like...

Crossed with

I just died from this LOL

Rev, you owe me a new toy!Censored

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 2 users Like Crulax's post