Poll: In your mind, is DeepThought hot?
... in a Diet Coke advert kinda way
... in a meek, unassuming and vulnerable kinda way
... in a scruffy, intellectual kinda way
... in a NOT! kinda way
... I've never thought about it
[Show Results]

One For The Ladies: Virtually Hot or Not?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: One For The Ladies: Virtually Hot or Not?
(28-03-2014 09:27 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 09:23 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I just died from this LOL

Rev, you owe me a new toy!Censored

BowingRolleyes

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2014, 09:35 PM
I too have not had enough interaction with him to form a "vision" of him in my mind's eye. I haz failed. Weeping

28-03-2014, 09:39 PM
No matter how hard I try, I somehow cant create an image in my head of what a person may or may not look like based on the opinions and humor they post.

Is that bad?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
28-03-2014, 09:47 PM
(28-03-2014 09:39 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  No matter how hard I try, I somehow cant create an image in my head of what a person may or may not look like based on the opinions and humor they post.

Is that bad?

Not bad exactly but it's intriguing.

Do you ever get images / preconceptions about people before you meet them?

Perhaps you need design criteria?

Consider

28-03-2014, 10:01 PM
(28-03-2014 09:47 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Not bad exactly but it's intriguing.

Do you ever get images / preconceptions about people before you meet them?

Perhaps you need design criteria?

Consider

Well... no.

And that may be the problem with it. Designing person to fit somekind of vision I may have of them feels like trying to mend them into something that I want them to be, rather than accepting who they are, which feels wrong.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
28-03-2014, 10:16 PM
I have a bad habit of forming mental images of people I communicate with via the internet. I think it's really fascinating to create a face for a personality I've observed for quite a while. That kind of makes Deep sound like some sort of fictional character or guinea pig, but I always envisioned him as blondish, short hair, middle aged, maybe late twenties to mid thirties whereas his appearances reflected how hard his age is to assume (I don't recall him ever posting an age anywhere, and if he had I skimmed by or it didn't stick with me) and overall average and maintenance-y looking.

It's probably way off, and I expect it to be. I don't think I've ever even heard Deep's voice, but observing peoples "Internet personalities" and hearing their voices also plays a role in the fictional expected images I've made of members, that are mostly all false. I don't have a face for cjlr, but I've heard his voice and I've created a mental character for him.

I'll use Rev as an example. I've had a good amount of skype calls with Rev. Hearing his voice and vocal mannerisms gave a little structure to the Internet personality I communicated with every day. But when I finally saw a picture of Rev, I compared it to the mental image I had made of him- there were differences and similarities. I just think it's cool to interact with people over the internet from all over the world, so often that you create fictional portraits or fictional voices, and then once you finally see what they look like and hear what they sound like, it's really fascinating.

Idk or maybe I'm just a benign schizophrenic.
[+] 4 users Like Ferdinand's post
28-03-2014, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2014 11:51 PM by Hughsie.)
Interestingly, I can see who voted for what regardless of whether or not a poll is public or not and several of our members are apparently having issues with the "ladies" part of the title of this thread. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 5 users Like Hughsie's post
29-03-2014, 12:12 AM
(28-03-2014 10:16 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I have a bad habit of forming mental images of people I communicate with via the internet. I think it's really fascinating to create a face for a personality I've observed for quite a while.

I don't see that it's a bad habit. Surely it's human nature to categorise and compartmentalise, fictionalise and then fill in any gaps ... pattern-making animals that we are.

As long as our judgements are consciously tentative and we don't condemn-by-stereotype, I don't see the problem.

TGAC's position seems to me to be much more idealistic (I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just saying that he must be an alien Dodgy )

This, btw, (if 'and' rather than 'or') is deeply depressing Sad
(28-03-2014 10:16 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  ...
middle aged,
maybe late twenties to mid thirties

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
29-03-2014, 01:12 AM
@ferdi seriously 20-30s is middle age? Dodgy
@DLJ. Re: Deep...

Honestly, I imagine he's hot.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-03-2014, 01:20 AM
He posted an image awhile back. He's a mountain of of a man, diet coke sexy.

I'm pretty sure the mental image I conjure up for just about everybody is a human with Lil Bub's face somehow attached to my neck.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post