One From Worthy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2012, 05:48 PM
One From Worthy
Hello,

I am here in response to the few that ventured over to Worthy Christian Forums to seek debate. I came to read the thread about us and saw a direct question to addressed to me. How could I refuse to answer? Nice to meet you all.

Gary
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like gdemoss's post
28-03-2012, 06:30 PM
RE: One From Worthy
Hope you stay to discuss more. I'm sure there's plenty here you could learn about. Don't mind the proselytizing =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
28-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Welcome once more!

I warn you we have some aggressive members, and not all of them are atheists lol.
Please try and be patient with us, and we'll be likely to return the favor.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
28-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Wow. I am impreesed. I really didn't think anyone would join. Welcome. You may find some of the topics off putting but there are politics, music, philosophy, etc sections that contain various non a/theism threads if you find you need a break from debate. Hopefully we'll all learn something. We're kinda bored with kingschosen. Smile

Would you mind posting a brief description of your belief?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
28-03-2012, 06:45 PM
(28-03-2012 06:30 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Hope you stay to discuss more. I'm sure there's plenty here you could learn about. Don't mind the proselytizing =p
I respect people who proselytize. To hold a belief strongly is to believe with your whole being and act accordingly. If one is so sure of their belief, why would they want others to dwell in ignorance? Or be deceived?

Gary
28-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Welcome!

Nice to see someone from there over here.

Hopefully we can have some good conversations. You'll see we really are no different from you.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-03-2012, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2012 07:01 PM by gdemoss.)
(28-03-2012 06:36 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Welcome once more!

I warn you we have some aggressive members, and not all of them are atheists lol.
Please try and be patient with us, and we'll be likely to return the favor.
I claim to be a Christian. One of the fruits of the Spirit is patience. If I lack patience it shows a lack of the Spirit of God dwelling in me and I might as well be cast under foot and trodden down.

Gary

(28-03-2012 06:39 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Wow. I am impreesed. I really didn't think anyone would join. Welcome. You may find some of the topics off putting but there are politics, music, philosophy, etc sections that contain various non a/theism threads if you find you need a break from debate. Hopefully we'll all learn something. We're kinda bored with kingschosen. Smile

Would you mind posting a brief description of your belief?
A brief description of my belief:

I believe that there is a God. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I believe that Jesus was in the form of God but simply became a man who lived a life in perfect obedience to God his Father. That obedience resulted in his death upon the cross for the sin of mankind. I believe that his obedience caused a breach in death and death was forced to release him and he was resurrected. Upon his resurrection he was given authority over all of creation, being made Lord over all. All those who receive him as Lord will be resurrected unto life ruling and reigning with him in his kingdom. And everyone who has ever lived will be judged by the light that they have been given resulting in their eternal destination.

I believe the creation was a determined act of God who knew that man would fall in disobedience and that said fall was a planned event of a creation which God called 'very good'. He is currently in the process of perfecting those who will spend eternity with him on the new Earth when it is restored.

Any specific questions you might have about my faith are welcome. God has used many people of different walks of life to teach me through questions etc. While you won't be able to persuade me that God doesn't exist, your critiques may aid me in being intellectually honest about my faith.

Gary

(28-03-2012 06:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  Welcome!

Nice to see someone from there over here.

Hopefully we can have some good conversations. You'll see we really are no different from you.
I can appreciate your welcome and understand what you mean about being no different, though we differ in faith/belief.

Gary
[+] 3 users Like gdemoss's post
28-03-2012, 07:09 PM
(28-03-2012 06:47 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  I can appreciate your welcome and understand what you mean about being no different, though we differ in faith/belief.

Gary

There are tons of differences of course, you are male and I am female , probably we are different in age, nationality, the way we were brought up, hobbies, interests and what have you. I meant as basic human beings, we likely have the same morals, feelings etc etc. I don't think that theist or atheist defines a person, it is merely one of many things that define people.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-03-2012, 07:14 PM
(28-03-2012 07:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  There are tons of differences of course, you are male and I am female , probably we are different in age, nationality, the way we were brought up, hobbies, interests and what have you. I meant as basic human beings, we likely have the same morals, feelings etc etc. I don't think that theist or atheist defines a person, it is merely one of many things that define people.
OK, we need a gender marker of some sort next to people's names.

Sorry Dom but I totally thought you were a guy Blush , over here (I don't know where you're from) Dom is short for Dominic, a guys name.

I think it's human nature, we automatically make snap judgements on little things without even realising it. It's still annoying sometimes though.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
28-03-2012, 07:37 PM
(28-03-2012 07:14 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  OK, we need a gender marker of some sort next to people's names.

Sorry Dom but I totally thought you were a guy Blush , over here (I don't know where you're from) Dom is short for Dominic, a guys name.

I think it's human nature, we automatically make snap judgements on little things without even realising it. It's still annoying sometimes though.

Rofl, I kept talking about my husband passing away... I guess I could be a gay male...

It's Dominique. That one is female. Smile And people hate typing it out, it gets mutilated. People call me Dom anyways... and in South Africa they tell me it sounds just like their word for "stupid". My staff says Dom stands for "boss lady" and they call me that. So that all put together makes me a - stupid male boss? Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post