One From Worthy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2012, 08:17 PM
RE: One From Worthy
(28-03-2012 07:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(28-03-2012 06:47 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  I can appreciate your welcome and understand what you mean about being no different, though we differ in faith/belief.

Gary

There are tons of differences of course, you are male and I am female , probably we are different in age, nationality, the way we were brought up, hobbies, interests and what have you. I meant as basic human beings, we likely have the same morals, feelings etc etc. I don't think that theist or atheist defines a person, it is merely one of many things that define people.
Yes, one can always find a common thread in the fact that we are human.

Gary
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2012, 08:24 PM
(28-03-2012 08:17 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  
(28-03-2012 07:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  There are tons of differences of course, you are male and I am female , probably we are different in age, nationality, the way we were brought up, hobbies, interests and what have you. I meant as basic human beings, we likely have the same morals, feelings etc etc. I don't think that theist or atheist defines a person, it is merely one of many things that define people.
Yes, one can always find a common thread in the fact that we are human.

Gary
Yeh, well some of us are Big Grin

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
28-03-2012, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2012 08:35 PM by gdemoss.)
(28-03-2012 07:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-03-2012 06:47 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  I believe that there is a God. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Me too. God is us and we is all Jesus. Wink
I can't say that I agree. I would say that we live and move and have our being in Gods being, yet God is separate from his creation. While God can be in us through his Spirit, he is not in all of us as he is only in those who are open to receive him. Jesus on the other hand, is not God but the Son of God who was in the form of God but became a man and now it isn't exactly stated what form he has taken on but it isn't the form of God as his entrance into the creation was permanent.

Gary

(28-03-2012 07:52 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  
(28-03-2012 05:48 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  Hello,

I am here in response to the few that ventured over to Worthy Christian Forums to seek debate. I came to read the thread about us and saw a direct question to addressed to me. How could I refuse to answer? Nice to meet you all.

Gary

Welcome... You'll notice threads get off topic pretty quick sometimes.

I specifically didn't respond in the other thread, because I didn't want to get caught up in it. Sometimes things started with good intentions can go bad quickly. Unfortunately, sometimes people have to go through it a few times before they find that out. I'm not even sure I've fully figured it out, but life is like this sometimes. Human nature is complicated, but fun also. I enjoyed the interaction and read threads on both sides and actually enjoyed the interaction, but it wasn't difficult to predict the result. After the result was harder to predict. I didn't actually expect anyone to respond on this BB and even create a new thread. Again, welcome.

So, are we asking and answering questions? Hmm, you said you were an atheist before, can you elaborate on that more if it's not too personal? Do you have any questions?
As for threads going off topic: I have never had a real time conversation with someone that didn't do the same, why should we worry if our thread gets a little off base? No big deal. Sometimes it is a nice distraction.

Not really a lot to elaborate on. I was one who gave atheists a bad name. I loved doing most of that which the bible calls evil and didn't care to retain thoughts of God in my mind as it put a damper on my moral judgments. I'm one who doesn't receive a lot of fan fare on either side as most atheists would probably have considered me immoral.

As far as questions go. No. I don't really have any.

Gary

(28-03-2012 08:08 PM)lucradis Wrote:  
(28-03-2012 08:04 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  The gender marker idea wold really be abused though I'm sure we've all had gender blunders =p

And anyway if we did come up with a gender marker thing I'd have to invent my own >.> Unless you guys don't mind the simple female =p
[Image: gender-symbol-300x299.jpg]
I'm still against the idea though lol.

Now back to the new member shall we?
A forum seems to be like a building full of rooms where something different is being discussed in every room, it only seems natural to get off topic when your in a room and you suddenly notice a picture on the wall. Sometimes the picture ends up more interesting than the original topic. It is only a problem when the one who wanted to discuss the topic feels slighted. I'm good. Don't worry about me.

Gary
28-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Welcome Gary! Like I said in the other thread, I am genuinely surprised- but glad- that you have come over for discussion. And I'm thankful that you were willing to discuss head-on what I said in that post. Welcome to the TTA boards! Yes
28-03-2012, 09:27 PM
(28-03-2012 08:25 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  
(28-03-2012 07:52 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  Welcome... You'll notice threads get off topic pretty quick sometimes.

I specifically didn't respond in the other thread, because I didn't want to get caught up in it. Sometimes things started with good intentions can go bad quickly. Unfortunately, sometimes people have to go through it a few times before they find that out. I'm not even sure I've fully figured it out, but life is like this sometimes. Human nature is complicated, but fun also. I enjoyed the interaction and read threads on both sides and actually enjoyed the interaction, but it wasn't difficult to predict the result. After the result was harder to predict. I didn't actually expect anyone to respond on this BB and even create a new thread. Again, welcome.

So, are we asking and answering questions? Hmm, you said you were an atheist before, can you elaborate on that more if it's not too personal? Do you have any questions?
As for threads going off topic: I have never had a real time conversation with someone that didn't do the same, why should we worry if our thread gets a little off base? No big deal. Sometimes it is a nice distraction.

Not really a lot to elaborate on. I was one who gave atheists a bad name. I loved doing most of that which the bible calls evil and didn't care to retain thoughts of God in my mind as it put a damper on my moral judgments. I'm one who doesn't receive a lot of fan fare on either side as most atheists would probably have considered me immoral.

As far as questions go. No. I don't really have any. I

Gary

Glad you don't mind threads going off topic. It can be daunting to people new to the internet. I'm guessing you aren't new from the response.

If you don't mind my asking, what do you mean when you say you did things evil? I ask, because some things I considered really evil wouldn't be now. If you aren't new to the internet, then you probably know that already. Was it something like a drug problem? That can be hard on anybody regardless of belief... uh, not saying that was you. Just wondering.

I'm not sure of your comment on keeping God in your mind. Is that because when you didn't believe it still held some sort of weight with you, kind of like having a picture of your mother in the room when having sex with your spouse. She really can't see and it's just a piece of paper, but it still feels wrong kind of thing.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
29-03-2012, 12:36 AM
Welcome Smile
29-03-2012, 01:33 AM
hi and welcome
*welcome cookie offer*

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2012, 03:35 AM
Kudos for being the only one to respond to the invitation, and welcome to the forum.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
29-03-2012, 05:20 AM
Sorry, my biggest fault is that I get distracted easily. If you ever feel I'm derailing your thread feel free to tell me to shut up Smile.

Once again, welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
29-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Welcome to the fray, brother!

Glad to have you Big Grin

My first questions:

1) On salvation: do you identify with Pelagius or Augustine?
2) What is your eschatological view?
3) What is your origins view: Young Earth Creationist, Old Earth Creationist, Progressive Creationist, Evolutionary Creationist, or Theistic Evolutionist?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]