"One Nation Under God"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2016, 10:33 AM
RE: "One Nation Under God"
(05-08-2016 07:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  How about one nation under Canada ? I heard that somewhere and it made me laugh.

I "liked" this, but if you look at a globe made for Aussies, we are "above" Canada. Angel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2016, 11:02 AM
(05-08-2016 10:33 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 07:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  How about one nation under Canada ? I heard that somewhere and it made me laugh.

I "liked" this, but if you look at a globe made for Aussies, we are "above" Canada.

Of course the nonsensical phrase "One Nation Under God" should be deleted. In the 21st century, do any Americans still truly believe in supernatural entities?

And the US also renders the planet incorrectly too...

[Image: 679319a588a9b5fb59fcd0eb420a49fb.jpg]

—Don't they know anything? Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
06-08-2016, 04:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2016 04:35 AM by adey67.)
There's more.... Warning this one is slightly insulting.

" One nation under educated. "

Rude as fuck but still amusing, apologies to my American chums. You can blame Matt Dillahunty I got this one from one of TTA's podcasts.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
06-08-2016, 07:28 PM
(04-08-2016 07:26 PM)BelleMarie Wrote:  It's been heavily debated whether the phrase "one nation under God" should be removed from the Pledge of Allegiance. Everyday students in public schools recite these words, regardless of their viewpoints. This, of course, promotes the Christian doctrine and, essentially, encourages Americans to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. As an atheist, I object to this. As an American, I object to this. In my opinion, public schools should not have a bias towards any religion, considering they are funded by taxpayers.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of discussing this was a born-again Christian. He quickly dismissed this idea, stating that Christian values are the foundation for this country and, as a result, should not be changed. He also believed that "one nation under God" applied to religions other than Christianity, and didn't assert a bias towards Christianity.

I politely disagreed; "one nation under God" only applies to a select group. "God" is singular, eliminating any polytheistic religions, such as Hinduism. The term "God" does not equate to "Allah", meaning this phrase doesn't apply to Islam. Lastly, Buddhists and secular thinkers refute the existence of a deity. There are only four major world religions and only one major religion applies to this phrase.

If anyone else has anything else to add, I would love to hear it! - Belle Marie
Maybe you should up that by one. The Jewish religion and the Xrian religion both believe in the same sky daddy. Right? When Iwas a kid the cartoon Underdog was very popular, so my friends and I always said "One nation Underdog, invislble with librarians and judges for all."
06-08-2016, 07:37 PM
I thought god was omnipotent. Therefore aren't all nations under god?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
06-08-2016, 07:40 PM
(06-08-2016 07:37 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I thought god was omnipotent. Therefore aren't all nations under god?

Is she omnivorous also?
06-08-2016, 07:45 PM
(06-08-2016 07:40 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(06-08-2016 07:37 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I thought god was omnipotent. Therefore aren't all nations under god?

Is she omnivorous also?

Flurtacious?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
07-08-2016, 05:37 PM
(04-08-2016 08:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 08:22 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Nope.

You certainly act like one.

Did I miss something? Shai Hulud is acknowledging what the Christian organizations did to try to establish a theocratic toe-hold in an allegedly secular country, during a time when anticommunist fervor gave them an edge to do so, and you insult him for it? I wish more Christians had the type of honesty and integrity to acknowledge that not everything their side does is okay, and that theocracy is as bad in the long run for the religious as it is for the rest of us in the short run.

Seriusly, is this some kind of a running joke between you two, or are you really being a dick? Because Girly, I didn't know you could be like this and if it's true I'm pretty disappointed.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
07-08-2016, 05:43 PM
(05-08-2016 11:02 AM)SYZ Wrote:  In the 21st century, do any Americans still truly believe in supernatural entities?

Yes, they do. That's why they want the phrase to stay.
07-08-2016, 08:17 PM
Shai's cool folk.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post