One SEAL Dead, Three More Injured And

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2017, 10:39 AM
One SEAL Dead, Three More Injured And
a 72 million dollar plane lost to take out a house in Yemen.

Herr Von Gropenfuhrer's wars of conquest off to a weak start.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/29/world...c=rss&_r=0

Quote:One American commando was killed and three others were injured in a fierce firefight overnight with Qaeda militants in central Yemen, the military said Sunday morning. The raid was the first counterterrorism operation approved by President Trump since he took office nine days ago.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2017, 11:52 AM
RE: One SEAL Dead, Three More Injured And
You forgot the most important part of the article.

"An estimated 14 Qaeda fighters were killed in the raid, which led to “the capture of information that will likely provide insight into the planning of future terror plots..."

While it is tragic that we lost one of our own, all of us that serve do so willingly, and we understand the danger.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
29-01-2017, 12:10 PM
(29-01-2017 11:52 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  You forgot the most important part of the article.

"An estimated 14 Qaeda fighters were killed in the raid, which led to “the capture of information that will likely provide insight into the planning of future terror plots..."

While it is tragic that we lost one of our own, all of us that serve do so willingly, and we understand the danger.

If this happened under Obama you'd be outraged over Obama's gross incompetence that led to the loss of an American life, you stupid fuck.

[+] 7 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
29-01-2017, 02:18 PM
(29-01-2017 12:10 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(29-01-2017 11:52 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  You forgot the most important part of the article.

If this happened under Obama you'd be outraged over Obama's gross incompetence that led to the loss of an American life, you stupid fuck.

Approx 2,500 troops died while Obama was president.

I personally knew 3 of them. One was a 2nd cousin.

I've never blamed Obama. Not here or anywhere.

Presidents give orders. Troops follow them.

Military leaders come up with the plans. I doubt Trump had much to do, if anything, with this mission in particular.

This thread is nothing more than an attempt to smear Trump for something he had no real part of. It's pathetic.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
29-01-2017, 02:20 PM
(29-01-2017 02:18 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(29-01-2017 12:10 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  If this happened under Obama you'd be outraged over Obama's gross incompetence that led to the loss of an American life, you stupid fuck.

Approx 2,500 troops died while Obama was president.

I personally knew 3 of them. One was a 2nd cousin.

I've never blamed Obama. Not here or anywhere.

Presidents give orders. Troops follow them.

Military leaders come up with the plans. I doubt Trump had much to do, if anything, with this mission in particular.

This thread is nothing more than an attempt to smear Trump for something he had no real part of. It's pathetic.

Says the guy who called Obamacare "Osamacare". Your massive hypocrisy is showing.
[+] 5 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
29-01-2017, 03:26 PM
Quote:"An estimated 14 Qaeda fighters were killed in the raid, which led to “the capture of information that will likely provide insight into the planning of future terror plots..."

You'll fucking believe anything the Orange Turd tells you, I assume?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
29-01-2017, 05:04 PM
(29-01-2017 03:26 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:"An estimated 14 Qaeda fighters were killed in the raid, which led to “the capture of information that will likely provide insight into the planning of future terror plots..."

You'll fucking believe anything the Orange Turd tells you, I assume?

Just as many people will find fault in everything he does.

I prefer a "wait and see" attitude.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
30-01-2017, 12:09 AM
I'm with LDH on this one.
Soldiers die. It's tragic yes, but that is the risk you agree to when you sign up for the armed forces.
Everyone knows the deal, I do not understand the outrage and "bring our troops home" mentality everyone has when it comes to armed forces.

I personally like to live so I'm not gonna sign up to the special forces, I'd rather sign up to the airforce and fly a glider around all day (I assume that at this point the NZ airforce is comprised of a glider, a kite and a small off the shelf drone). But others are willing to take on greater risk and I have a lot of respect for them because of it. You go out and protect my freedoms buddy and when you get home I'll sell you a vacuum cleaner or something.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
30-01-2017, 02:06 AM
When I served -- in a noncombat role -- I still knew my ass was on the line, and I had no issues with that; fighting fire is dangerous work at times and I knew what I was getting into most of the time.

But for LDH, who was so willing to blame Obama for every little thing that offended LDH's sensibilities, to now take a "meh" attitude towards our casualties is horseshit. This Administration has been in office ten days. How much time did Trump spend reviewing the CBA on the raid?

That, Muffsy, is why people are irritated by his posts -- not his point about sacrifice, which anyone who has served under arms and oath understands better than most.
30-01-2017, 03:58 AM
I'm afraid I have to strongly agree with LDH. *shudder*

I have criticized Obama for getting us involved in Yemen and elsewhere, but it's not the soldier's place to decide when/where, but only if they volunteer to put their life on the line in the national interest (however that's decided). There's nothing President Trump did here that former President Obama hadn't been doing for years, by now, and it's silly to try to pin this particular incident on either of them.

I don't even understand why this is a thread or a point. Just express sympathy for the families of all the men killed (on both sides of this idiocy), and work to try to get the USA out of places it shouldn't be involved, if you believe we shouldn't be involved.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post