One SEAL Dead, Three More Injured And

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2017, 07:00 AM
RE: One SEAL Dead, Three More Injured And
(30-01-2017 02:06 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  When I served -- in a noncombat role -- I still knew my ass was on the line, and I had no issues with that; fighting fire is dangerous work at times and I knew what I was getting into most of the time.

But for LDH, who was so willing to blame Obama for every little thing that offended LDH's sensibilities, to now take a "meh" attitude towards our casualties is horseshit. This Administration has been in office ten days. How much time did Trump spend reviewing the CBA on the raid?

That, Muffsy, is why people are irritated by his posts -- not his point about sacrifice, which anyone who has served under arms and oath understands better than most.

No, everyone's just butthurt over his posts because he's become a troll because everyone was a dick to him during the election because he said Trump was gonna win and so now he's being a dick to us because we were all wrong and he was right. And everyone is taking the bait instead of just admitting that we got it wrong and America is far stupider than any of us realised.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
30-01-2017, 07:47 AM
(30-01-2017 07:00 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 02:06 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  When I served -- in a noncombat role -- I still knew my ass was on the line, and I had no issues with that; fighting fire is dangerous work at times and I knew what I was getting into most of the time.

But for LDH, who was so willing to blame Obama for every little thing that offended LDH's sensibilities, to now take a "meh" attitude towards our casualties is horseshit. This Administration has been in office ten days. How much time did Trump spend reviewing the CBA on the raid?

That, Muffsy, is why people are irritated by his posts -- not his point about sacrifice, which anyone who has served under arms and oath understands better than most.

No, everyone's just butthurt over his posts because he's become a troll because everyone was a dick to him during the election because he said Trump was gonna win and so now he's being a dick to us because we were all wrong and he was right. And everyone is taking the bait instead of just admitting that we got it wrong and America is far stupider than any of us realised.

The only thing better than hearing "I love you" -- is getting to tell someone - "I told you so"...

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
30-01-2017, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2017 11:13 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
(30-01-2017 12:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Everyone knows the deal, I do not understand the outrage and "bring our troops home" mentality everyone has when it comes to armed forces.

Because we shouldn't be fighting useless foreign wars in thr first place. But I get that the troops did this of their own volition. However, propaganda obviosly plays a role.

30-01-2017, 11:25 AM

No, everyone's just butthurt over his posts because he's become a troll because everyone was a dick to him during the election because he said Trump was gonna win and so now he's being a dick to us because we were all wrong and he was right. And everyone is taking the bait instead of just admitting that we got it wrong

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

You are exactly right. I took a lot of abuse during the election cycle. It pissed me off. Instead of healthy debate, I was called fucktard, dumb fuck, ignorant. I was told I was stupid for disagreeing with "experts" that are never wrong and all the polls would prove my stupidity when Hillary was announced the winner. I was attacked for anything and everything I posted, even if I showed proof.

So I will continue to defend Trump, even if my rep goes to -99 or I get banned. He can do no right apparently. This thread is the perfect example of why someone has to be here defending him.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
30-01-2017, 11:36 AM
I fully expect Congress to heavily investigate this as if it were Benghazi. I fully expect them to issue subpoenas to get any relevant emails from Trump and his staffers, whether they are related to this or not. I fully exp...I don't expect a single one of these things from the hypocritical right.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
30-01-2017, 11:39 AM
(30-01-2017 11:25 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  So I will continue to defend Trump, even if my rep goes to -99 or I get banned. He can do no right apparently. This thread is the perfect example of why someone has to be here defending him.

I like you, LDH, I really do. But you really have to get off this "oh woe is me because I defend Trump" thing.

He has done some indefensible things. The lies about the inauguration, the lies about voter fraud, the lies about Obama's birth, the lies about Hillary having Parkinsons, etc etc. I could go on, but you get the point.

What is wrong about pointing out those lies as such? And even as a defender of the right-wing, surely you can see that his continued lies aren't doing the GOP or the US any good.

Surely you can see that.

Plenty of die-hard Democrats had a lot of criticism of Obama, of Hillary etc.

It's not anathema for a right-winger to criticize DJT. In fact, it's healthy for democracy.

Blindly following ideology and dogma is the philosophy of sheep. I know you're not a sheep.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
30-01-2017, 11:42 AM

Muffs LDH deserved a degree of Schadenfreude following the election results but he's gone passed the right to Schadenfreude now he's turned into a vile troll and he's not even amusing with it which is just depressing.
30-01-2017, 11:43 AM
(30-01-2017 11:36 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I fully expect Congress to heavily investigate this as if it were Benghazi. I fully expect them to issue subpoenas to get any relevant emails from Trump and his staffers, whether they are related to this or not. I fully exp...I don't expect a single one of these things from the hypocritical right.

This sailor died in battle. During a mission.

Ambassador Stevens was killed after repeatedly asking for more security and being denied.

It's wrong to politicize this death. Soldiers are not politicians.

These two scenarios are not even close to the same.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
30-01-2017, 11:44 AM
(30-01-2017 11:43 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 11:36 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I fully expect Congress to heavily investigate this as if it were Benghazi. I fully expect them to issue subpoenas to get any relevant emails from Trump and his staffers, whether they are related to this or not. I fully exp...I don't expect a single one of these things from the hypocritical right.

This sailor died in battle. During a mission.

Ambassador Stevens was killed after repeatedly asking for more security and being denied.

It's wrong to politicize this death. Soldiers are not politicians.

These two scenarios are not even close to the same.

Totally fine to politicize the other death, though.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
30-01-2017, 11:47 AM
Remember when Obama ordered the drone strike of two Americans in Yemen? Anwar al-Awliki and his son Abdulrahman?

This raid killed, as collateral damage, Nawar al-Awliki, daughter of Anwar and sister of Abdulrahman. She was 8 years old. It wasn't intentional. The soldiers were just doing their job, but still it doesn't lessen how horrible the civilian deaths were in this raid. Nor does it take away from the fact that a Navy SEAL's family will never see their son, husband, and/or father again.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post