One SEAL Dead, Three More Injured And

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2017, 03:37 PM
RE: One SEAL Dead, Three More Injured And
Ah bollocks we wouldn't have been there had it not been for 9/11 and if you want to go back earlier the invasion of Kuwait.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2017, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2017 03:51 PM by Szuchow.)
(31-01-2017 03:37 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Ah bollocks we wouldn't have been there had it not been for 9/11 and if you want to go back earlier the invasion of Kuwait.

Now I'm waiting when you tell something about WMD that Iraq allegedly had. Edit: As far as I know Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. It seems that even Bush admitted it.

USA and to the (much) lesser extent GB don't get to play global policeman without someone opposing such.

Maybe try to read Chalmers Johnson Blwoback trilogy? It's about USA but it could tell you thing or two on the subject of foreign policy costs.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
31-01-2017, 03:47 PM
I have a co-worker who casually mentioned (right after 9/11) that we had brought it on ourselves with all of our meddling in the Middle East. At the time, it seemed like a cold and heartless thing to say, and I was quite upset with him, but there is a large grain of truth to what he said. To a lot of Muslims in the Middle East, the US military is a terrorist organization, and they are just fighting back.

It's really hard to separate the white hats from the black hats in any of this. The never-ending conflict between Israel and the Palestinians is another example -- both sides have legitimate gripes, but it seems neither will be happy until everyone on the other side is dead. In the conflict between the US and Islamic terrorism, of course I'm on the side of the US -- how could I not be -- but if I were perfectly objective, I'm not convinced that we have the moral high ground. There is no easy solution to any of this, and good luck identifying "who started it".
31-01-2017, 03:51 PM
The wmd had nothing to do with the First gulf war, second one, your point holds I have to concede that, unfortunatelyWink
31-01-2017, 03:57 PM
(31-01-2017 03:51 PM)adey67 Wrote:  The wmd had nothing to do with the First gulf war, second one, your point holds I have to concede that, unfortunatelyWink

I edited my post - USA didn't went to Iraq cause it was tied to 9/11 even if that was pretext used.

Also I didn't meant Gulf War when I wrote about WMD.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
31-01-2017, 03:59 PM
Agreed Smile