One flew over the Cuckoos nest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2014, 10:15 AM
One flew over the Cuckoos nest
Okay so since I'm mentally ill I wind up in group homes and treatment centers, homeless shelters, crisis centers and various other facilities. It's a different life than many of you live I assume. I'm currently in an IRTS facility in St. Paul. I was gonna give a link but I think that might be a violation of the personal information rule.

I'm so used to this structure but how do I ever live a normal life? I can't relate to you people! I'm so use to night shift staff checking on me when I sleep, waking me up, morning group, morning medications, review your goals, make a positive affirmation, congratulate the next person who is graduating from the program, welcome the new people, address house issues, scheduled outings, and so forth..

It's a totally different world. We get points for going to group to buy bus passes, junk food, or toiletries. We don't get to drive,but have outings in our van and we have a chauffeur and a contract with the airport taxi when necessary. So there's rules, curfew, the bills are paid, the meals are always made, the chores are always assigned, everything is just dished out to you. Damn! How does one transition? living like this off and on since the age of 13 creates an extremely unusual person eh?

I honestly dont know what to do with myself. This current facility is a 90 day intensive treatment center. I'm a little short of three weeks into it.

So what's it like being a normal civilized person?
(people at online forums and mental health professionals are the only sane people I know)

[Image: unnamed_zps582a6eb4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2014, 10:18 AM
RE: One flew over the Cuckoos nest
So do people like this worthless derelict in the OP benefit society in any way or are they just leaches responsible for the decay of western Civilization?
05-08-2014, 10:26 AM
What is it that land you the return gig?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-08-2014, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2014 05:43 AM by DLJ.)
(05-08-2014 10:26 AM)kim Wrote:  What is it that land you the return gig?

Well, shit, that's a long story. A lot had to do with what I did while I was homeless and drinking between one to two pints of vodka a day. I was doing a lot of train hoping. Getting picked up by the police for public intoxication, drug overdose, train hopping, vomiting in public, and falling asleep in places that I shouldn't have been.

In the past I've committed criminal mischeif, drug possession, threats, skipping school, assault on officers, disorderly conduct, confessions of wanting to die etc.

[Picture removed by moderator due to complaints received]

I'm told that ladies find it sexy when a guy has a gun in his mouth. Thumbsup
05-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Are you unable to perceive what it is you do which might be offensive to people?

One's own behavior is the only thing one can control. Has this been difficult for you to accomplish?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-08-2014, 03:42 PM
An intensive treatment center for people with serious mental illnesses.

But they let you have a gun?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
05-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Blink Facepalm

well...this explains a LOT.... Shocking

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
05-08-2014, 04:02 PM
(05-08-2014 03:42 PM)Sam Wrote:  An intensive treatment center for people with serious mental illnesses.

But they let you have a gun?
That was at my dad's house in Montana. I'm in Saint Paul MN

(05-08-2014 02:46 PM)kim Wrote:  Are you unable to perceive what it is you do which might be offensive to people?

One's own behavior is the only thing one can control. Has this been difficult for you to accomplish?
It's tough for me. It's very gray as to what is funny and what is disturbing. For instance, Anjele made a comment about shaving her pubes and I said, " You have a beard?" And I used the word "bearded hatchet wound" for vagina and thought she would find it funny. She and others found it super creepy and have held a grudge against me ever since.
05-08-2014, 04:27 PM
Your gun pic is creepy, too. I would be embarrassed. I think you enjoy the attention, even if it's negative.

I think in response to my previous post to you about how to speak to someone, I'm going to keep this message simple like I would my 5 year old:
DONT PLAY WITH GUNS.

You're a Darwin Award waiting to happen.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
05-08-2014, 04:31 PM
(05-08-2014 10:15 AM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Okay so since I'm mentally ill I wind up in group homes and treatment centers, homeless shelters, crisis centers and various other facilities. It's a different life than many of you live I assume. I'm currently in an IRTS facility in St. Paul. I was gonna give a link but I think that might be a violation of the personal information rule.

I'm so used to this structure but how do I ever live a normal life? I can't relate to you people! I'm so use to night shift staff checking on me when I sleep, waking me up, morning group, morning medications, review your goals, make a positive affirmation, congratulate the next person who is graduating from the program, welcome the new people, address house issues, scheduled outings, and so forth..

It's a totally different world. We get points for going to group to buy bus passes, junk food, or toiletries. We don't get to drive,but have outings in our van and we have a chauffeur and a contract with the airport taxi when necessary. So there's rules, curfew, the bills are paid, the meals are always made, the chores are always assigned, everything is just dished out to you. Damn! How does one transition? living like this off and on since the age of 13 creates an extremely unusual person eh?

I honestly dont know what to do with myself. This current facility is a 90 day intensive treatment center. I'm a little short of three weeks into it.

So what's it like being a normal civilized person?
(people at online forums and mental health professionals are the only sane people I know)

[Image: unnamed_zps582a6eb4.jpg]
I wouldn't be too sure of the sanity of some of those mental health pros or forum peeps either...............Blink
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post