One foot out of the closet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2014, 11:37 AM
RE: One foot out of the closet
(18-04-2014 11:34 AM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  FYI: I also said I'm done chasing God after chasing him for 40 years. He knows where to find me, and it's about time He showed up to deliver on some of these great promises I hear so much about.

Awesome...I hit that point at an earlier age.

Well put.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2014, 03:21 PM
I love your experience for the reason that you are not too pushy but are not a doormat either, and that you are from a place of understanding (especially with your wife). I think that's so important for people who possibly may be just emerging and transitioning from the theist point of view.

Ive only been brave enough to be myself in front of people I know have thoughts along the same line when it comes to close family and friends. At most I've asked questions when I'm presented with something ridiculous.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
07-05-2014, 03:24 PM
During a brief conversation with my wife yesterday, I didn't exactly come out, but I opened the closet door and showed her I was inside.

We were talking about some things going on in our family right now, and I just said: "To be honest, I'm not interested in church anymore. My faith is shaken and I don't think it's gonna come back."

She's having similar feelings. I think it was a good thing that I did not drop it all on her at once.

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
[+] 2 users Like TwoCultSurvivor's post
07-05-2014, 03:28 PM
(07-05-2014 03:24 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  During a brief conversation with my wife yesterday, I didn't exactly come out, but I opened the closet door and showed her I was inside.

We were talking about some things going on in our family right now, and I just said: "To be honest, I'm not interested in church anymore. My faith is shaken and I don't think it's gonna come back."

She's having similar feelings. I think it was a good thing that I did not drop it all on her at once.

Sometimes drips are better than a shower or downpour.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Wow, TwoCult,
I'm very sorry about how things turned out with your brother and your cousin. Your coming out to your wife sounds promising though. I'm in the process of having coming out conversations, and I have a cousin who I expect to react very judgmentally. Oh well, it is what it is. I hope things continue to go well with your wife.
08-05-2014, 06:46 AM
(07-05-2014 03:24 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  During a brief conversation with my wife yesterday, I didn't exactly come out, but I opened the closet door and showed her I was inside.

I had a similar conversation with my wife not long ago. She took it better than expected also. Glad it went well for you.
22-06-2014, 11:25 AM
And I'm out. Haven't used the A word, but it's all out in the open now.

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
[+] 3 users Like TwoCultSurvivor's post
22-06-2014, 11:48 AM

Beautiful! Just beautiful! Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-06-2014, 11:56 AM
(22-06-2014 11:25 AM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  And I'm out. Haven't used the A word, but it's all out in the open now.
Enjoy this time with some much deserved, deeply relieved breaths. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
22-06-2014, 12:22 PM
(22-06-2014 11:25 AM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  And I'm out. Haven't used the A word, but it's all out in the open now.

Welcome to <ism not to be spoken aloud>. Third cult's the charm! Thumbsup

Wait, that doesn't sound quite right. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post