One hell of a bombshell for Trump Campaign

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2016, 06:48 PM
RE: One hell of a bombshell for Trump Campaign
(07-10-2016 06:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 06:36 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  You should hear the things we used to say in the military.

You must've been in before SHARP.

I served In the US Navy from '72 to '76; never heard of SHARP. By the same token, there may have been guys who talked about women like that but I don't recall hearing it. And I worked in the engine room, where lack of taste and crassness are standard fare. Like Skyking says, "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" were more like it. My take on persons making those sort of comments and acting like that is that they are secretly woman-haters.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Fireball's post
07-10-2016, 06:50 PM
No big secret there. He has issues.
07-10-2016, 06:51 PM
(07-10-2016 06:48 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 06:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You must've been in before SHARP.

I served In the US Navy from '72 to '76; never heard of SHARP. By the same token, there may have been guys who talked about women like that but I don't recall hearing it. And I worked in the engine room, where lack of taste and crassness are standard fare. Like Skyking says, "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" were more like it. My take on persons making those sort of comments and acting like that is that they are secretly woman-haters.

That's because everyone in the Navy is gay. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
07-10-2016, 06:51 PM
Oh, SNAP~!
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
07-10-2016, 06:59 PM
(07-10-2016 05:50 PM)pablo Wrote:  Trump supporters are like Elvis fans, no matter what kind of mess he was, they still loved him.

At this rate you have to wonder if they will be more than happy to let him grope their wives and daughters pussies.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 4 users Like tomilay's post
07-10-2016, 07:10 PM
(07-10-2016 06:51 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 06:48 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I served In the US Navy from '72 to '76; never heard of SHARP. By the same token, there may have been guys who talked about women like that but I don't recall hearing it. And I worked in the engine room, where lack of taste and crassness are standard fare. Like Skyking says, "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" were more like it. My take on persons making those sort of comments and acting like that is that they are secretly woman-haters.

That's because everyone in the Navy is gay. Tongue

Rowr. Bring it, young fella! Laugh out load
[+] 5 users Like Fireball's post
07-10-2016, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2016 07:23 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(07-10-2016 05:38 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  This won't affect Trump. If you all haven't learned yet, these things don't stick to him. People know he was a businessman and entertainer. He isn't held to that standard that politicians have, because he isn't a politician.

Trump already released a statement saying he was sorry, it was locker room banter among friends nothing more.

Honestly, I've heard worse in my high school gym.

It's not about what affects Trump. We already know he's a narcissistic and doesn't give a shit. It DOES affect voters.
You can be damn sure every Republican running this fall will be asked pointedly in the next few weeks if they support this misogynist prick.
What a fucking nightmare he is for the Republican Party.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-10-2016, 07:31 PM
(07-10-2016 06:30 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 06:27 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump wasn't either when he said this.

Nope, but he was a grown man.

Debatable. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
07-10-2016, 07:34 PM
(07-10-2016 07:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What a fucking nightmare he is for the Republican Party.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
07-10-2016, 07:35 PM
(07-10-2016 06:36 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 06:30 PM)skyking Wrote:  I'd expect that from immature teenagers, not 50~60 year old adults.

You should hear the things we used to say in the military.

Honestly, probably most men talk like this. Maybe some religious folks don't. But this false outrage is funny. Some of my liberal friends are crying on Facebook over the terrible language Trump used. It's funny because they listen to rap and I've heard them say worse in person.

Did you noticed that sexism is considered a major social issue worldwide and that this type of attitude is tolerated less and less by women for very obvious reasons? Sexism is indeed rather common. In that regard, Trump isn't exactly exceptionnal. Considering his age and socio-economical status, he could even be considered rather in the norm. This "popularity" of sexism doesn't make it acceptable. While we should not hold Trump to perfection, we could at least expect him to have more respect toward women than your average American since he will hold tremeendous power to improve (or not) their situation. Apparently he has less. This is a slight problem.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post