One hell of a bombshell for Trump Campaign

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2016, 10:04 PM
RE: One hell of a bombshell for Trump Campaign
(07-10-2016 09:59 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 09:55 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Yeah it's not like the military can ever become corrupted or anything. Dodgy

So you believe that 2/3 of our military and vets, as well as the border patrol and members of the Fraternal Order of Police are corrupt? That they support or endorsed Trump because they are "the worst of our country"?

If you support a guy who said so many deplorable things, then yes. This is the same guy who said he would want to commit war crimes and bring back something worse than torture.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
07-10-2016, 10:14 PM
(07-10-2016 09:55 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Yeah it's not like the military can ever become corrupted or anything. Dodgy

So you believe that 2/3 of our military and vets, as well as the border patrol and members of the Fraternal Order of Police are corrupt? That they support or endorsed Trump because they are "the worst of our country"?

They don't support Trump as much as they dislike Hillary. Big difference.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
07-10-2016, 10:25 PM
(07-10-2016 10:14 PM)skyking Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 09:59 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  So you believe that 2/3 of our military and vets, as well as the border patrol and members of the Fraternal Order of Police are corrupt? That they support or endorsed Trump because they are "the worst of our country"?

They don't support Trump as much as they dislike Hillary. Big difference.

"They don't support Trump as much as they dislike Hillary." ?

That is a frightening statement, to prefer a totally unpredictable president to one with a known reputation and behaviour pattern, even if it is thought to be seriously bad? Maybe some are not mentally qualified to have the franchise.

Lousy choice but there you go, it's your system.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
07-10-2016, 10:27 PM
(07-10-2016 09:25 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  At this point I don't this changes much. If it was something recent, after he announced his candidacy then it might be something. I used to listen to Howard Stern in the mornings and Trump used to be on there all the time saying shit like this. Those tapes are out there too. He isn't a politician and doesn't talk or act like one. This is part of his appeal to his base.

I doubt it will have much of an effect on Trump. But we will see in a week after some polls come out.

Not his evangelical base. Not his female base. Not his minority base.
What "base" are you even talking about ?
White redneck men ? Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-10-2016, 10:52 PM
Cue Stevie Nicks.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2016, 11:00 PM
(07-10-2016 09:25 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  He isn't a politician and doesn't talk or act like one.

Then perhaps he shouldn't be running for president.

Quote:I doubt it will have much of an effect on Trump. But we will see in a week after some polls come out.

It won't have any effect on Trump. Nothing does and that's his problem.

It will likely have a sizeable effect on the election. You're right, this won't swing many of Trump's core voters. Likewise, most of Hillary's are decided and have been for ages. They aren't the issue though. It's the undecided voters that really matter now. The voters who haven't made up their minds yet are seeing just how vulgar Trump can be just a month before the big day. That's going to hurt him.

Let's flip this though. If a tape like this one had come out about Hillary what reaction do you think we'd be getting? You wouldn't be able to hear yourself think for the shrieking and rightly so. Nobody who acts like this should ever be considered for election. It's just that our expectations for Trump are so very low that we aren't greatly surprised when he turns out to be the dyed in the wool misogynist that we pretty much already knew he was.

I'm liking what the polls are showing right now. FiveThirtyEight's Polls-Only analysis shows Hillary up 5-6% on average and rising steadily. This latest Trumbarassment will only help. Iowa's showing light blue and Arizona's teetering. I'm personally hoping that she can pull another 7% or more in and tip Texas. Not because I love Hillary but because I'd love to see Trump get thrashed that soundly by a woman. I'm not expecting that but I can dream.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
07-10-2016, 11:00 PM
The visceral reaction to this is natural, I suppose, but I'm bit surprised that no one yet has been curious about the timing. Perhaps more children should be taught chess?

My first reaction is rarely emotional when it comes to politics... my first question is:
Why now?

These things are invariably stage-managed for most impact, so what is the reasoning behind releasing this now?

And thanks to Pablo, we have the answer...

(07-10-2016 07:35 PM)pablo Wrote:  ...
https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBx9qzE?m=en-us

This round of leaks confirms what everyone, if they are being honest, already knows ... she is a politician! Shock, horror!

No surprises, but the point about these disclosures is that they shatter the pretense.

She's lost a Rook. At the least a Bishop had to be taken in retaliation to continue to control the news.

With this defense she didn't lose her Queen... which might mean that there must be more damning leaks to come.

So then the question arises as to whether this was the biggest move that they had against Trump. I don't think so. I think they know there are worse leaks to come and they have to hold something in reserve.

What could that be? It's hard to imagine given the ability of his core supporters to forgive everything so far ...
Women-shaming? "Nah! that's just how Murikan guys talk";
Hating on immigrants? "Nah! Build that wall to save our jobs";
Hating on muslims? "Nah, they're all terrorists"
He pays no tax? "Who doesn't want to avoid paying their fair share?"

... I'd have thought that pointing out that Trump's companies use cheap foreign labour would have been enough for people worried about their jobs but even that didn't seem to hit home.

All I can think of is ... "Trump Is A Black Atheist! Says Medium Who Can Channel Ronald Reagan"

Who do we want in our military?

Highly educated critical thinkers with the ability to understand facts and differentiate these from rhetoric, who can sift nuanced information and who can dispassionately analyse risk before calculating a course of action ... or under-educated semi-thugs who will unthinkingly put their lives on the line for their friends or their family or their country or their god?

I'd say 1/3 of the former and 2/3 of the latter might be the right mix.

Dodgy

[+] 12 users Like DLJ's post
07-10-2016, 11:50 PM
(07-10-2016 11:00 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  I'd love to see Trump get thrashed that soundly by a woman. I'm not expecting that but I can dream.

As the candidates shake hands at the beginning of Sunday's "debate" I hope Hillary's body language evokes an unmistakable "don't touch me you creep" posture. But, like Paleo, I'm probably just dreaming.
08-10-2016, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 12:03 AM by EvolutionKills.)

If you want to be selfless, to lay your life on the line, to protect and serve your country? Sure, be in the armed forces or the police. But they're hardly the only people who join, not everyone has such selfless motivations.

If you're a xenophobic nationalist who want an excuse to shoot Muslims? Or if you're nothing but a grown up schoolyard bully, who wants to be able to throw their weight around legally? They too are attracted to the ranks of the armed forces and the police. Lets face it, none of them screen out bullies. Being a veteran is not a blanket cover for anything, be it corruption or the lack thereof.

They're certainly not all Captain America; which is precisely why the Captain is a comic book character representing a mythic portrayal of the ideal patriot. Even his weapon of choice is a shield, a tool for defending yourself and others from harm. If they all were so selfless, the Captain wouldn't have any special appeal, would he?

[Image: Captain-America-Glamour.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
08-10-2016, 12:08 AM
[Image: MB5oaJT.png]

[+] 9 users Like GenesisNemesis's post