One hell of a bombshell for Trump Campaign

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2016, 01:30 AM
RE: One hell of a bombshell for Trump Campaign
(07-10-2016 11:00 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Who do we want in our military?

Highly educated critical thinkers with the ability to understand facts and differentiate these from rhetoric, who can sift nuanced information and who can dispassionately analyse risk before calculating a course of action ... or under-educated semi-thugs who will unthinkingly put their lives on the line for their friends or their family or their country or their god?

I'd say 1/3 of the former and 2/3 of the latter might be the right mix.

Dodgy

Anyone who thinks military personnel should mostly be unthinking has probably never spent a day in uniform. There's a reason why college-educated enlistees such as myself (not officers) still get inducted with rank improvements. Two words: smarter force.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
08-10-2016, 01:33 AM
(07-10-2016 10:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Not his evangelical base. Not his female base. Not his minority base.
What "base" are you even talking about ?
White undereducated redneck men ? Facepalm

fixt.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-10-2016, 01:39 AM
(08-10-2016 01:24 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 08:33 PM)KUSA Wrote:  You have never made vulgar comments like that?

I am embarrassed to say the catchy phrase "Grab 'em by the pussy." has never occurred to me. So ashamed. And if my wife heard me talking about trying to fuck a married woman like that my tibia would end up on the broken side of some steel-toed boots. The men I know do not talk like that and we're all goddam motherfucking vulgar drunk hairless pirate monkeys.

Don't you know Girly? That just makes you a pussy whipped beta-male... Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
08-10-2016, 01:45 AM
(08-10-2016 01:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 01:24 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I am embarrassed to say the catchy phrase "Grab 'em by the pussy." has never occurred to me. So ashamed. And if my wife heard me talking about trying to fuck a married woman like that my tibia would end up on the broken side of some steel-toed boots. The men I know do not talk like that and we're all goddam motherfucking vulgar drunk hairless pirate monkeys.

Don't you know Girly? That just makes you a pussy whipped beta-male... Rolleyes

Weeping ... Slappin' some Androgel on now. Double-dosing it today.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-10-2016, 01:49 AM
(08-10-2016 01:30 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 09:25 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  At this point I don't this changes much. If it was something recent, after he announced his candidacy then it might be something. I used to listen to Howard Stern in the mornings and Trump used to be on there all the time saying shit like this. Those tapes are out there too. He isn't a politician and doesn't talk or act like one. This is part of his appeal to his base.

I doubt it will have much of an effect on Trump. But we will see in a week after some polls come out.

Just what would it take for you to stop supporting this vile man, Dark? What standard, would Donald Trump need to step over that would finally convince you that he was unworthy of your vote? Is there anything, anything at all that would force you to withdraw support? Would it take murder? Decapitating his daughter's head? ....... What!?....... I'm curious.

The Skepticrat, Episode 039, Presidential Debate #1 Special Edition

EB - Hi, I'm Eli Bosnick!
HE - And I'm Heath Enwright.
NL - And I'm Noah Lugeons.
EB - You know, every election cycle, there are those on one side, those on the other, and there are those who are somewhere in the middle.
HE - In this election, we want to say...
NL - Fuck those people.
HE - Indeed. We know it must feel really great to say "I think both sides have good points, look at me, I'm one of those middle people!"
NL - But in a year like this one, that's fucking stupid.
EB - Really? You think Donald Trump makes good points? About what?
HE - We'll wait, go ahead...
NL - Because if you don't stop respecting someone when they're a racist, xenophobic, misogynistic bigot, you know what we call that? We call that 'being an asshole'.
EB - So this election season we want you to know that there are Nazis...
HE - And there are people fighintg the Nazis...
NL - But those people in the middle are called cowards.
EB - It doesn't make you smarter, it makes you a fucking coward.
NL - Indeed.

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
08-10-2016, 02:17 AM
(08-10-2016 01:30 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 11:00 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Who do we want in our military?

Highly educated critical thinkers with the ability to understand facts and differentiate these from rhetoric, who can sift nuanced information and who can dispassionately analyse risk before calculating a course of action ... or under-educated semi-thugs who will unthinkingly put their lives on the line for their friends or their family or their country or their god?

I'd say 1/3 of the former and 2/3 of the latter might be the right mix.

Dodgy

Anyone who thinks military personnel should mostly be unthinking has probably never spent a day in uniform.

Is that your entry for the Word [singular] Taken Out Of Context thread?

(08-10-2016 01:30 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  ...
There's a reason why college-educated enlistees such as myself (not officers) still get inducted with rank improvements. Two words: smarter force.

That's good to hear. And what would you say would be the proportion of those people?

More than one third?

Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
08-10-2016, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 02:27 AM by GirlyMan.)
(08-10-2016 02:17 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 01:30 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  ...
There's a reason why college-educated enlistees such as myself (not officers) still get inducted with rank improvements. Two words: smarter force.

That's good to hear. And what would you say would be the proportion of those people?

4% for enlisted. 86% for officers.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-10-2016, 02:33 AM
(08-10-2016 02:23 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 02:17 AM)DLJ Wrote:  That's good to hear. And what would you say would be the proportion of those people?

[Image: 2011-veterans-79.png]

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
08-10-2016, 02:41 AM
(08-10-2016 02:23 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 02:17 AM)DLJ Wrote:  That's good to hear. And what would you say would be the proportion of those people?

Good link that GM

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
08-10-2016, 03:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 03:40 AM by GirlyMan.)
Diminish, deflect, redirect, and threaten. Malignant narcissist or genius? You decide.

"I've never said I'm a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I'm not. I've said and done things I regret, and the words released today on this more-than-a-decade-old [diminish] video are one of them.

Anyone who knows me knows these words don't reflect who I am. I said it, I was wrong, and I apologize.

I have traveled the country talking about change for America, but my travels have also changed me. I've spent time with grieving mothers who have lost their children, laid-off workers whose jobs have gone to other countries, and people from all walks of life who just want a better future.

I have gotten to know the great people of our country, and I've been humbled by the faith they've placed in me. I pledge to be a better man tomorrow and will never, ever let you down.

Let's be honest: We're living in the real world. This is nothing more than a distraction from the important issues we're facing today. [deflect] We are losing our jobs, we're less safe than we were eight years ago, and Washington is totally broken. Hillary Clinton and her kind have run our country into the ground.

I've said some foolish things, but there's a big difference between the words and actions of other people. Bill Clinton has actually abused women, and Hillary has bullied, attacked, shamed and intimidated his victims. [redirect]

We will discuss this more in the coming days. [threaten] See you at the debate on Sunday.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post