One hundred million motherless fetuses in "heaven"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2013, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2013 11:29 AM by Raptor Jesus.)
One hundred million motherless fetuses in "heaven"
Quick disclaimer: I do not write this to make light of the subject matter I touch on, as some of it is very personal for many people, but to point out the ridiculousness of the particular Christian belief quoted below.

I was just reading a letter intended for those “left behind” after the rapture. This one part stood out to me…

Quote:Up to a certain age, which is probably different for each individual, we believe God will not hold a child accountable for a decision that must be made with heart and mind, fully cognizant of the ramifications.

You may also find that unborn children have disappeared from their mother's wombs. I can only imagine the pain and heartache of a world without precious children, and the deep despair of parents who will miss them so.

I did the math really quickly because an odd image popped into my head of piles of helpless fetuses lying on the ground in heaven. I quickly found the figure of 370,000 babies born per day in an attempt to work out how many fetuses there are currently in wombs at any given moment on the earth. ( Keep in mind the number was taken from the internet, and as we know the internet is never incorrect, right? But correct number or not, the idea still works out the same, so it not really so much the accuracy of the number that matters here as it is the concept.) I multiplied that by 9 months as the “rapture” can happen at any point in the gestation process. Nine months being roughly 270 days, times the 370,000 figure and you get 99,900,000 fetuses at any moment guaranteed to enter heaven. A great many of them motherless as their mothers will be left behind. 99,900,000 fetuses of various sizes on the floor of heaven, cluttering the place up.

That made me think, that figure is just births per day. Many don’t make it to birth because of miscarriages and such. (Not trying to be a downer here, just pointing out the ridiculousness of this concept when you actually think it out) That must mean the number of pregnancies at any moment must be way, way higher! Plus more when you consider all the past failed births. But that also means you have to go back into ALL of human history, to every child that ever was conceived but failed to be born. And according to this letter all the born infants in ALL of history that did not reach that “magical” age described in this letter in which the child would suddenly become personally responsible for going to heaven or hell.

Well that’s interesting. Of course that does seem a little odd though. Due to the random event of the timing of your conception you can skip the rest of the bullshit and be guaranteed entry into heaven! Not to be insensitive to the issue of abortion, but just to point out an inherent flaw, that would mean, according to Christian mythology, a woman who has an abortion is actually giving their child the greatest gift a mother could possibly give her child; guaranteed entry into heaven.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2013, 11:21 AM
RE: One hundred million motherless fetuses in heaven
(24-09-2013 11:16 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Quick disclaimer: I do not write this to make light of the subject matter I touch on, as some of it is very personal for many people, but to point out the ridiculousness of the particular Christian belief quoted below.

I was just reading a letter intended for those “left behind” after the rapture. This one part stood out to me…

Quote:Up to a certain age, which is probably different for each individual, we believe God will not hold a child accountable for a decision that must be made with heart and mind, fully cognizant of the ramifications.

You may also find that unborn children have disappeared from their mother's wombs. I can only imagine the pain and heartache of a world without precious children, and the deep despair of parents who will miss them so.

I did the math really quickly because an odd image popped into my head of piles of helpless fetuses lying on the ground in heaven. I quickly found the figure of 370,000 babies born per day in an attempt to work out how many fetuses there are currently in wombs at any given moment on the earth. ( Keep in mind the number was taken from the internet, and as we know the internet is never incorrect, right? But correct number or not, the idea still works out the same, so it not really so much the accuracy of the number that matters here as it is the concept.) I multiplied that by 9 months as the “rapture” can happen at any point in the gestation process. Nine months being roughly 270 days, times the 370,000 figure and you get 99,900,000 fetuses at any moment guaranteed to enter heaven. A great many of them motherless as their mothers will be left behind. 99,900,000 fetuses of various sizes on the floor of heaven, cluttering the place up.

That made me think, that figure is just births per day. Many don’t make it to birth because of miscarriages and such. (Not trying to be a downer here, just pointing out the ridiculousness of this concept when you actually think it out) That must mean the number of pregnancies at any moment must be way, way higher! Plus more when you consider all the past failed births. But that also means you have to go back into ALL of human history, to every child that ever was conceived but failed to be born. And according to this letter all the born infants in ALL of history that did not reach that “magical” age described in this letter in which the child would suddenly become personally responsible for going to heaven or hell.

Well that’s interesting. Of course that does seem a little odd though. Due to the random event of the timing of your conception you can skip the rest of the bullshit and be guaranteed entry into heaven! Not to be insensitive to the issue of abortion, but just to point out an inherent flaw, that would mean, according to Christian mythology, a woman who has an abortion is actually giving their child the greatest gift a mother could possibly give her child; guaranteed entry into heaven.

I know christians that think all animals go to heaven too... I personally would not want to share heaven with 100 billion pooping dogs and cats. Don't even get me started on all those dead elephants.
24-09-2013, 11:28 AM
RE: One hundred million motherless fetuses in heaven
(24-09-2013 11:21 AM)gall Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 11:16 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Quick disclaimer: I do not write this to make light of the subject matter I touch on, as some of it is very personal for many people, but to point out the ridiculousness of the particular Christian belief quoted below.

I know christians that think all animals go to heaven too... I personally would not want to share heaven with 100 billion pooping dogs and cats. Don't even get me started on all those dead elephants.

I don't think there "will" be poop in "heaven". I mean as long as we are making things up about "heaven" then I'm going to make up that there is going to be no poop there.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
24-09-2013, 11:37 AM
RE: One hundred million motherless fetuses in "heaven"
(24-09-2013 11:21 AM)gall Wrote:  I know christians that think all animals go to heaven too... I personally would not want to share heaven with 100 billion pooping dogs and cats. Don't even get me started on all those dead elephants.

I don't think Real Christians™ believe that, just modern, new-agey ones.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-09-2013, 12:59 PM
(24-09-2013 11:28 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I don't think there "will" be poop in "heaven".

There's a scripture-based tradition that supports this view.

Big Grin

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
24-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Back in my Catholic days, they were said to go to Limbo. Which I think they got rid of. But as George Carlin said, I sure hope they got promoted.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
24-09-2013, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2013 03:43 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
(24-09-2013 01:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Back in my Catholic days, they were said to go to Limbo. Which I think they got rid of. But as George Carlin said, I sure hope they got promoted.

Yeah, didn't they derived that from the non-biblical source of Dante's 'Inferno'? I think it depicted a room full of babies blanketing the floor. Kind of sad. Glad it's not real.

24-09-2013, 03:03 PM
I may be wrong but afaik muslims believe animals go to heaven. Imagine all the insects there.....

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
24-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Quote: Glad it's not real.

None of it is real.
24-09-2013, 03:44 PM