One nation under god?????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 07:30 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2014 07:42 AM by TrainWreck.)
RE: One nation under god?????
(21-05-2014 06:54 AM)wazzel Wrote:  Why is it a valid argument?
I explained why in my comment.

(21-05-2014 06:54 AM)wazzel Wrote:  There is a strong chance Mosaic Law is copied or derived from some earlier set of laws, quite possibly the Code of Hammurabi which is secular, as far as I know.
So what? It does not matter that the Christians copied morality from other societies. What matters is they guarded it to organize their communities and society. You want to argue copyright law???

(21-05-2014 06:54 AM)wazzel Wrote:  People do not need religion to figure out how to function as a society.
I agree, but what are atheists offering as for how to function as a society???

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2014, 07:42 AM
(21-05-2014 07:30 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  

American laws are not based off of Christian morals. If we were, you'd be executed for everything and it would resemble sharia law.

(21-05-2014 06:54 AM)wazzel Wrote:  There is a strong chance Mosaic Law is copied or derived from some earlier set of laws, quite possibly the Code of Hammurabi which is secular, as far as I know.
So what? it doesnot matter that the Christians copied morality from other societies - what matters is they guarded it to organize their communities and society.

The point is that you copied your morals from a secular society. Ha.

(21-05-2014 06:54 AM)wazzel
[quote='wazzel Wrote:  
People do not need religion to figure out how to function as a society.

Atheists don't offer anything, that's not our job. It's society as a whole that decides how we should act. Which is why you have different customs and variants of morality around the world.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
21-05-2014, 07:45 AM

So what? It does not matter that the Christians copied morality from other societies. What matters is they guarded it to organize their communities and society. You want to argue copyright law???

(21-05-2014 06:54 AM)wazzel Wrote:  People do not need religion to figure out how to function as a society.

Just so you know I am not ignoring you, I am not going to continue this discussion with you. I know how it will go and have no interest in going there. Have a nice day.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
21-05-2014, 08:07 AM
Well, why do you allow yourself to get into it with the Christians when you know they use circular reasoning for all their other arguments???

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
21-05-2014, 08:20 AM
(21-05-2014 07:42 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  The point is that you copied your morals from a secular society. Ha.
I'm not a Christian - I'm an atheist. I understand that all moralities and laws are generated by people

(21-05-2014 07:42 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Atheists don't offer anything, that's not our job. It's society as a whole that decides how we should act.
And you are not understanding how that is accomplished. It's a real shame you bugged me for a copy of the charter that I am geenrating, and you cannot put together a reply - you're whiney bitch.

(21-05-2014 07:42 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Which is why you have different customs and variants of morality around the world.
Thumbsup Good reasoning Thumbsup

21-05-2014, 08:23 AM
(21-05-2014 08:07 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Well, why do you allow yourself to get into it with the Christians when you know they use circular reasoning for all their other arguments???

I am not going to have this discussion with you because of the way you conduct yourself, it would be a total waste of my time and unnecessarily frustrate me.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
21-05-2014, 08:23 AM

Thee is no onus on 'atheists' to do any such thing. There is no atheist group-think as you seem to demand.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-05-2014, 08:33 AM
I'm a dick when someone pushes their irrational on me.
To me, it's best to know their "book of fables " better than them. Read.
21-05-2014, 08:36 AM
σ.σ

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
21-05-2014, 08:53 AM
I think that what most people mean when they say that is they want a society like 1950s suburban America when Bob and Mary dress the kids up in Sunday best and head to church before stopping at the drive in for cheeseburgers and milkshakes. Then it's home to do chores before dad fires up a charcoal grill for dinner and we play baseball in the field across the street.

The crazies mean more people should be like Pat Robertson and Fred Phelps so god will stop sending gays and tornadoes to the US.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post