One nation under god?????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 11:55 AM
RE: One nation under god?????
(21-05-2014 09:59 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Dude. I was saying that was an inaccurate representation of the fifties.Also, Yes, I do know how to raise children.
Dude. I asked you if you really believe that that is a valid statistic, and not possibly adversly effected by other social factors that cannot be accounted for to categorize the possible demographic groups.

You see, I think your statistic is not as accurate as you think, because it does not account for all the possible situations that can be defined.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2014, 11:58 AM
(21-05-2014 10:29 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Which of course is sidestepping to placate nonsense ideals.

Which ideals make sense?

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
23-05-2014, 10:28 PM
(21-05-2014 08:57 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 08:53 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I think that what most people mean when they say that is they want a society like 1950s suburban America when Bob and Mary dress the kids up in Sunday best and head to church before stopping at the drive in for cheeseburgers and milkshakes. Then it's home to do chores before dad fires up a charcoal grill for dinner and we play baseball in the field across the street. to beat their children till they stop back mouthin' em. Daddy get's 'is paddle and WACK WACK WACK Then daddy slapp'd dem dang children 'cross their faces.

Fixed.
This is an NOW an accurate representation of the 50's.
You forgot to point out that Bob and Mary are white...
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
23-05-2014, 10:48 PM
1. Many of the founding fathers were vague deists who rejected the Christian idea of God. There is evidence Jefferson was an atheist.

2. "Under God" wasn't added to the Pledge of Allegiance until 1952.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
23-05-2014, 10:53 PM
(21-05-2014 07:30 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 06:54 AM)wazzel Wrote:  Why is it a valid argument?
I explained why in my comment.

(21-05-2014 06:54 AM)wazzel Wrote:  There is a strong chance Mosaic Law is copied or derived from some earlier set of laws, quite possibly the Code of Hammurabi which is secular, as far as I know.
So what? It does not matter that the Christians copied morality from other societies. What matters is they guarded it to organize their communities and society. You want to argue copyright law???

Of course it matters. It's not a matter of copyright, but of claiming to be the inventors and sole share owners of said morality.

(21-05-2014 07:30 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 06:54 AM)wazzel Wrote:  People do not need religion to figure out how to function as a society.
I agree, but what are atheists offering as for how to function as a society???

Critical thinking over worship of authority.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
24-05-2014, 08:38 AM
I hope in 10 years from now all of this will be a non-issue, and Christians will learn how to practice their religion in solitude, and keep it the hell away from the rest of us. I can't see this going on for much longer...

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
24-05-2014, 09:04 AM
TrainWreck .[/quote Wrote:Atheists need to generate a morality system

Theists have done the same. They just added an invisible monster to keep people in check. Religion is all about control and it's followers are slaves.