One of many reasons why I hate religion.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2014, 07:19 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2014 07:23 AM by JDog554.)
One of many reasons why I hate religion.
Was reading an article about the new "Mega Earth" they discovered and of course, people had to connect it to the bible somehow and make comments about God and what not. Why do they feel like they have to connect events to the bible and preach everywhere. Sometimes I feel like they troll and make stupid comments about religion on scientific posts just to piss people off. Examples below.

[Image: Proof1.jpg]

[Image: Proof2.jpg]

[Image: Proof3.jpg]

[Image: Proof4.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
05-06-2014, 07:43 AM
RE: One of many reasons why I hate religion.
(05-06-2014 07:19 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Was reading an article about the new "Mega Earth" they discovered and of course, people had to connect it to the bible somehow and make comments about God and what not. Why do they feel like they have to connect events to the bible and preach everywhere. Sometimes I feel like they troll and make stupid comments about religion on scientific posts just to piss people off. Examples below.

They seem to be trying to convince themselves that they're still not crazy.
[+] 7 users Like pablo's post
05-06-2014, 07:47 AM
(05-06-2014 07:43 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 07:19 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Was reading an article about the new "Mega Earth" they discovered and of course, people had to connect it to the bible somehow and make comments about God and what not. Why do they feel like they have to connect events to the bible and preach everywhere. Sometimes I feel like they troll and make stupid comments about religion on scientific posts just to piss people off. Examples below.

They seem to be trying to convince themselves that they're still not crazy.

Well they are not doing too well. Making themselves seem even more crazier.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
05-06-2014, 08:39 AM
Haha!

Christians are so weird.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
05-06-2014, 08:44 AM
(05-06-2014 08:39 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Haha!

Christians are so weird.

Very much so Laugh out load and here I thought clowns were weird and creepy, they are nothing compared to Christians.

05-06-2014, 08:48 AM
(05-06-2014 07:43 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  They seem to be trying to convince themselves that they're still not crazy.
This.

I think discoveries like the mega Earth introduce cognitive dissonance so their minds immediately go to the subject of religion. Then, true to form, they think "oh yeah... it's God's work... not inconsistent... actually more consistent... yup, that's it" and create posts to validate their thinking with others.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
05-06-2014, 08:53 AM
I often wonder at how scary and stressful life is when you have to validate yourself constantly. With that little voice in the back of your head desperate to avoid anything that might break your already fragile grip on a fairy tale.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
05-06-2014, 09:01 AM
(05-06-2014 08:48 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 07:43 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  They seem to be trying to convince themselves that they're still not crazy.
This.

I think discoveries like the mega Earth introduce cognitive dissonance so their minds immediately go to the subject of religion. Then, true to form, they think "oh yeah... it's God's work... not inconsistent... actually more consistent... yup, that's it" and create posts to validate their thinking with others.

That explains it very well.

(05-06-2014 08:53 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I often wonder at how scary and stressful life is when you have to validate yourself constantly. With that little voice in the back of your head desperate to avoid anything that might break your already fragile grip on a fairy tale.

I couldn't imagine, with an extensive family history of heart disease that stress would probably kill me.

05-06-2014, 09:18 AM
(05-06-2014 08:44 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 08:39 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Haha!

Christians are so weird.

Very much so Laugh out load and here I thought clowns were weird and creepy, they are nothing compared to Christians.

Dress up as me for Halloween.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
05-06-2014, 09:21 AM
(05-06-2014 09:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 08:44 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Very much so Laugh out load and here I thought clowns were weird and creepy, they are nothing compared to Christians.

Dress up as me for Halloween.

They don't allow Christians at Halloween costume contests because it's not fair to anyone else because they would always win lol