One of many reasons why I hate religion.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2014, 09:52 AM
RE: One of many reasons why I hate religion.
(05-06-2014 08:53 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  ... desperate to avoid anything that might break your already fragile grip on a fairy tale.

You got that right. The religious mind lives in constant anxiety over ever learning something new. Imagine having to totally shut down curiosity for fear of tearing the fabric of self identity. Then couple that with the additional anxiety of ever doing something to displease their god and you have a life stripped of any possibility of enjoyment. Certainly no ability to take enjoyment anywhere and everywhere. When's the last time someone devout showed a sense of humour? Pretty grim crowd, the religious.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
05-06-2014, 11:26 AM
I get so sick of arguing with the ignorant. It just isn't worth wasting time on usually. Heard some mother-in-law invited her son and daughter-in-law to their own child's baptism. The nerve of this moronic women, but even more so because her son and daughter-in-law are both atheist. This woman was horrible enough, but some bitch in the comment section was claiming she would have disowned her son and his wife, because atheists are the most terrible evil people in all of existence. I nearly wrote her a nine paragraph blog calling her out on her ignorance, but realized nothing I would say would change her mind, and it would just tick me off more.

Sometimes it's best just to ignore these religious folk.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
05-06-2014, 11:32 AM
(05-06-2014 11:26 AM)Elskidor Wrote:  I get so sick of arguing with the ignorant. It just isn't worth wasting time on usually. Heard some mother-in-law invited her son and daughter-in-law to their own child's baptism. The nerve of this moronic women, but even more so because her son and daughter-in-law are both atheist. This woman was horrible enough, but some bitch in the comment section was claiming she would have disowned her son and his wife, because atheists are the most terrible evil people in all of existence. I nearly wrote her a nine paragraph blog calling her out on her ignorance, but realized nothing I would say would change her mind, and it would just tick me off more.

Sometimes it's best just to ignore these religious folk.

That's horrible, don't blame you for getting upset, I would have had the same reaction but yeah they just seem like a lost cause.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
05-06-2014, 03:14 PM
That's seriously funny. A really interesting discovery also in an extremely old solar system. Quite an unexpected find. And these guys think what? That this is the new earth they'll go to when they die? That it's Kolob? That there are humans living there? It takes a special kind of scientific illiteracy to turn something so awesome into something so vapid. Kudos to them.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post