One of my biggest pet peeves in the world.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2017, 07:06 AM
One of my biggest pet peeves in the world.
In shows/movies when people are riding bikes and they get off their bikes and just leave them in the front yard, unguarded, unchained.

I see it and every fiber of my body tenses up, it drives me fucking nuts. It's the worst thing in digital media and yet they keep on doing it.

STOP IT! Just have the actor wheel their bike to the back/side/garage/porch. Why!? why do you have to have them just leave it on the front yard or sidewalk!?

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
12-07-2017, 07:10 AM
RE: One of my biggest pet peeves in the world.
That's nothing..

I don't ever take the keys out of any of our cars.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-07-2017, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2017 07:30 AM by god has no twitter account.)
(12-07-2017 07:06 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  In shows/movies when people are riding bikes and they get off their bikes and just leave them in the front yard, unguarded, unchained.

I see it and every fiber of my body tenses up, it drives me fucking nuts. It's the worst thing in digital media and yet they keep on doing it.

STOP IT! Just have the actor wheel their bike to the back/side/garage/porch. Why!? why do you have to have them just leave it on the front yard or sidewalk!?

What about when a cop or gangster screeches to a halt in a car and doesn't park parallel to the sidewalk?

What really pisses me off is political correctness.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
12-07-2017, 07:31 AM
Oh, my! If we are going to get into really stupid stuff in TV shows and movies then you are in for a long list. I treat almost every TV drama as "alt-reality science fiction" because nothing works like it does in reality.

On TV, every bomb has a bright LED digital timer counting down, just so everyone knows how much time they have to defuse it or get away from the blast. Not so much in the real world.

On TV, people who actually know that someone is trying to find them and kill them will invariably sit at night in a well lit room with the curtains open. Facepalm

People pushed out a window or off a roof will either land on a sidewalk in the classic "chalk body outline" position, or on top of a car.

Police/detectives will do high-speed chases through crowded streets to catch a perp, but they never harm any innocent bystanders, run over any kids playing kick-ball in the streets, or bowl over any little old ladies with walkers.

Almost no one locks their doors, even in high-crime areas. If they do lock their doors, one of them will have an easily breakable window in reach of the door lock.

Drinking Beverage
12-07-2017, 07:37 AM
Hubby using his truck key to remove ear wax. Worse yet, him using my car key for it.

[Image: middle-finger-rude-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 3 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
12-07-2017, 07:40 AM
"Oh whats this giant obviously extraterrestrial egg doing here? Oh and it's opening up? No need to leave the room and ask for assistance or run far away, I'll just stick my head in and have a look see..."

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 5 users Like OakTree500's post
12-07-2017, 07:45 AM
(12-07-2017 07:31 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  Oh, my! If we are going to get into really stupid stuff in TV shows and movies then you are in for a long list. I treat almost every TV drama as "alt-reality science fiction" because nothing works like it does in reality.

On TV, every bomb has a bright LED digital timer counting down, just so everyone knows how much time they have to defuse it or get away from the blast. Not so much in the real world.

On TV, people who actually know that someone is trying to find them and kill them will invariably sit at night in a well lit room with the curtains open. Facepalm

People pushed out a window or off a roof will either land on a sidewalk in the classic "chalk body outline" position, or on top of a car.

Police/detectives will do high-speed chases through crowded streets to catch a perp, but they never harm any innocent bystanders, run over any kids playing kick-ball in the streets, or bowl over any little old ladies with walkers.

Almost no one locks their doors, even in high-crime areas. If they do lock their doors, one of them will have an easily breakable window in reach of the door lock.

Drinking Beverage

I hate it when in disaster movies the female lead is impossibly good looking and young yet they have a PhD in astrophysics which by the look of them they must have got about aged 12. Also people who say you cant have your cake and eat it, WTF that's what cake is for, its totally fucking pointless to have cake and not eat it, fucking morons. Angry
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
12-07-2017, 07:50 AM
(12-07-2017 07:40 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  "Oh whats this giant obviously extraterrestrial egg doing here? Oh and it's opening up? No need to leave the room and ask for assistance or run far away, I'll just stick my head in and have a look see..."

This is what I was going to say--people in horror movies-home alone and hear a noise that sounds like someone sharpening a knife in the basement...hmmm let's go into the dark basement to check it out. Hobo
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
As a kid I only chained my bike at school. In our neighborhood, you could always tell whose house we were at by the pile of bikes lying in the lawn Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
And how that same SMART female lead in a crime show will inevitably go running into a crime scene without even CALLING for backup, much less waiting for it.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 6 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post