One of my biggest pet peeves in the world.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2017, 12:21 PM
RE: One of my biggest pet peeves in the world.
Back to thread topic...

When two actors are riding in a car and the scenery in the background looks extremely fake, as does the movement of the car.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
12-07-2017, 12:24 PM
(12-07-2017 12:21 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Back to thread topic...

When two actors are riding in a car and the scenery in the background looks extremely fake, as does the movement of the car.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
12-07-2017, 12:24 PM
(12-07-2017 12:18 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 10:33 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  And here I am, just hanging around, waiting for inspiration and what are we talking about? Who has shat themselves in public.No

To poo or not to poo-that is the question... (Hamlet, Act III, Scene 1) Big Grin

Glamis thou art, and Cawdor
And shall bee what thou art promised.
Yet, do I fear thy nature.
Though art too full of the milk of human kindness to catch the nearest way.
Thou wouldst be great
Art nor without ambition, but without the illness should attend it.

Macbeth Act I Scene V

Also, should't your quote read:

To pee or not to pee
That is the question ..

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
12-07-2017, 12:25 PM
(12-07-2017 12:21 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Back to thread topic...

And keeps repeating!

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
12-07-2017, 01:19 PM
(12-07-2017 12:18 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 10:33 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  And here I am, just hanging around, waiting for inspiration and what are we talking about? Who has shat themselves in public.No

To poo or not to poo-that is the question... (Hamlet, Act III, Scene 1) Big Grin

Wether it is nobler in the mind to shit upon thy head or by opposing end it. Wink
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
12-07-2017, 02:20 PM
(12-07-2017 07:50 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  And how that same SMART female lead in a crime show will inevitably go running into a crime scene without even CALLING for backup, much less waiting for it.

One of the funniest lines in cinema is Jody Foster as FBI Agent Starling alone in the basement calling out to the hostage "FBI! You're safe!"

I suppose what irritates me the most is that my list of what irritates me the most is too damn long. You're only as big as the smallest thing that bothers you. And now I have to stick this thread on that list, and it'll mean breaking out another fresh sheet of paper and maybe having to buy a bigger binder to hold all the pages grouse grouse grouse Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
12-07-2017, 03:07 PM
Going to a vintage or "antique" store and finding them selling stuff I used to play with as a kid.

Also, I collect vintage and antique magazines, books & newspapers, and there's nothing that angers me more then when I see people selling a single page of an ad, article or celebrity picture from a magazine etc... that has been butchered to sell the individual pages.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
12-07-2017, 03:38 PM
(12-07-2017 03:07 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Going to a vintage or "antique" store and finding them selling stuff I used to play with as a kid.

Also, I collect vintage and antique magazines, books & newspapers, and there's nothing that angers me more then when I see people selling a single page of an ad, article or celebrity picture from a magazine etc... that has been butchered to sell the individual pages.

On a related note, there is a free local newspaper (Isthmus) that comes out once a week, and is available at various stores and other public places. You just take one from the rack. More than once, I've gotten one and found out that there were sections missing (often sections that I wanted to read). Why? Because people would remove that section and then put the mutilated newspaper back in the rack. So now I always dig down and take one from the middle.

I have also seen public phone books where the part of the yellow pages listing pizza places was ripped out of the book. Not very considerate. Of course nobody uses phone books anymore, so maybe this is no longer relevant.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
12-07-2017, 04:08 PM
The incorrect use of "myself" makes me grind my teeth. It requires an antecedent.

"I did it myself." Yes.
"It was done by myself." No.
[+] 1 user Likes Mary L. Mand's post
12-07-2017, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2017 04:25 PM by JesseB.)
(12-07-2017 07:06 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  In shows/movies when people are riding bikes and they get off their bikes and just leave them in the front yard, unguarded, unchained.

I see it and every fiber of my body tenses up, it drives me fucking nuts. It's the worst thing in digital media and yet they keep on doing it.

STOP IT! Just have the actor wheel their bike to the back/side/garage/porch. Why!? why do you have to have them just leave it on the front yard or sidewalk!?

Answer: So that children are raised to become irresponsible fucktards that get their bike's stolen thus supporting the corrupt bicycle sale industry (OK I made this up lol)

I would suspect EITHER they want to conserve space/simplify the scene, or maybe they like to pretend like the world is safer than it is, or call back to a time when people were "less concerned and left their doors unlocked" (however I highly doubt in any time period people really were that unguarded, maybe it's my cynicism talking but people tend to remember the past through rose colored glasses).

Though I don't think having a bike put away properly would distract from the story too much, and could be a pretty big personal statement about the character in question. AKA signaling that person pays attention to detail or is more reliable, as opposed to giving of the air of being kinda half assed and random (which is generally glorified in cinema these days, now I'm VERY half assed and random, but I certainly respect seeing people who are able to be more concerned with themselves and others than I am. I've tried that it's just not me unfortunately)

(and now I want to go out to my storage closet and make sure no one broke in and stole my bike.... thanks muff)

Edit: I have a strong attention to detail and am quite meticulous when it comes to specific tasks. Put some tools in my hands and ask me to fix something, ask me to figure out a puzzle or problem, give me specific goals and the tools to accomplish them and I'll be happy as a clam for hours, I might even forget to eat ect. What I suck at, where I'm half assed and random is life, I can be very organized with a limited number of tasks and environments, but when it comes to normal life... well lets fucking face it. I suck at it. I do try but.... well... just if you leave me alone with my child and come back to see the entire house and baby covered in paint or some weird random shit... well I did warn you... but at least I have a sense of humor ya? Geeze I wanna be a dad but I'm totally gonna fuck it up huh?

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin