One of my biggest pet peeves in the world.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2017, 04:45 PM
RE: One of my biggest pet peeves in the world.
(12-07-2017 08:35 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  People who wet their hair first in the shower before wetting the rest of their body first.

Are you creeping around watching people take showers? Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
12-07-2017, 04:47 PM
(12-07-2017 09:21 AM)adey67 Wrote:  When you think of an amusing comment but know if you post it you're going to lower the tone.

Thank you for that. Others should do the same.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-07-2017, 05:02 PM
How many more times do we have to see someone walking casually away from a huge explosion? It's soooooo stupid. Good gawd, can't Hollywood think up new stuff?

[Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: f05103cbede058f40ff1cae51478741f.gif]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
12-07-2017, 05:11 PM
(12-07-2017 05:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  How many more times do we have to see someone walking casually away from a huge explosion? It's soooooo stupid. Good gawd, can't Hollywood think up new stuff?

[Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: f05103cbede058f40ff1cae51478741f.gif]

Cut from the same thread I actually have a pet peeve here..... WHY THE FUCK MUST HOLLYWOOD MAKE EVERY FUCKING THING EXPLODE LIKE PEOPLE JUST DRIVE AROUND WITH NAPALM COVERED PIPE BOMBS ALL DAY LONG??!!

Seriously have you EVER seen a car explode in real life? I haven't, I've seen plenty of cars burn down in real life. I have seen an Acetylene plant blow the fuck up in real life during a training video back when I was an Acetylene operator. Some dumb fuck brought a radio into a room full of flammable gasses. It takes special conditions to create an explosion, which I find unlikely most people are ever really exposed to those conditions. Not even a gas station is likely to explode even if you smoke inside a tank full of gas, OH it'll burn, but an explosion? Not likely.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
12-07-2017, 05:44 PM
The use of "prolly" for "probably"
Censored

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
12-07-2017, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2017 06:34 PM by JesseB.)
(12-07-2017 05:44 PM)unfogged Wrote:  The use of "prolly" for "probably"
Censored

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Tough Tongue

(P.S. I started running with prolly cause no matter how hard I try I always misspell and can't seem to remember HOW to spell probably for some odd reason. Just now I was looking at your quote when I spelled it, there's a few other words I can't spell correctly no matter how hard I try, so even though when I speak I use them, when I type I avoid them like the plague. I have no idea why this is considering I can pick the correct one in a lineup with ease which is something they do on tests. And I have no memory issues I'm aware of, despite my.... lack of discipline in enforcing grammar in my writing I fully understand grammar rules. When I was a kid I was told my speech and writing were too rigid and structured, so I worked hard on "acting more natural" which is where my laid back speech patterns come from, but honestly, with regards to prolly? I just can't fucking spell the full word reliably and it annoys me so I give up. I think you know I'm not stupid, so I have no idea why I struggle with this, sometimes too I forget words that I know. I eventually remember them again but it can be annoying when you have the perfect word in your lexicon and you're left saying um......... fuck...... what was that word again?)

Edit^ oh and before you reply with spell check.... The words I can't spell? Yea.... somehow I manage to butcher them so bad google can't even figure out what the fuck I'm trying to spell...... I am not gonna try google searching the correct spelling of prolly 6 times over every time I wanna use the damn word just so google can figure out what it is I'm trying to say lol

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
12-07-2017, 06:40 PM
(12-07-2017 03:07 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Going to a vintage or "antique" store and finding them selling stuff I used to play with as a kid.

Also, I collect vintage and antique magazines, books & newspapers, and there's nothing that angers me more then when I see people selling a single page of an ad, article or celebrity picture from a magazine etc... that has been butchered to sell the individual pages.

This one's for you...

[Image: ad64747c66f44ff98ed8407a598bbd96.jpg]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 4 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
12-07-2017, 07:34 PM
(12-07-2017 04:08 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  The incorrect use of "myself" makes me grind my teeth. It requires an antecedent.

"I did it myself." Yes.
"It was done by myself." No.
Thank you! I hate that so much. It's like when people use "and I" incorrectly because they think they sound intelligent.

"My father bought concert tickets for my boyfriend and I." No, he didn't.
"We got new furniture for my wife and I's new apartment." Da fuq??

Argh.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
12-07-2017, 07:41 PM
When the shows stars go along with the Swat Team and they don't wear helmets like the Swat Team.

When in "The Walking Dead" they enter a new neighborhood where the zombies keep the lawns mowed and hedges trimmed.

When the incredibly buff female star, who can take down giant men and run marathons without getting winded and has no body fat also has great boobs.

Where the tolerably buff female star takes down giant men who are totally buff.

When the female star holds two massive guns up shooting and running and has little muscle tone.

Where the impossibly trim and slim female stars eat during the whole show and often pig out on major goodies on the job.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
12-07-2017, 07:43 PM
I hate the new term for "request"...it is not an "ask."

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."