One of my biggest pet peeves in the world.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2017, 07:43 PM
RE: One of my biggest pet peeves in the world.
I can live with improper use of your/you're and their/they're/there and even who's/whose. But it's/its makes me grind my teeth.

His. Hers. Its. Why would its have an apostrophe when his and hers doesn't? It's = it is. Period.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
12-07-2017, 07:52 PM
(12-07-2017 07:41 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  When in "The Walking Dead" they enter a new neighborhood where the zombies keep the lawns mowed and hedges trimmed.
I heard--don't know if it's true--the producers asked the property owners not to mow their lawns, etc. However, they didn't like to let it go, and so as we notice it looks ridiculous. So I agree with you.
13-07-2017, 02:37 AM
(12-07-2017 07:52 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 07:41 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  When in "The Walking Dead" they enter a new neighborhood where the zombies keep the lawns mowed and hedges trimmed.
I heard--don't know if it's true--the producers asked the property owners not to mow their lawns, etc. However, they didn't like to let it go, and so as we notice it looks ridiculous. So I agree with you.
A pet peeve of mine is how on The Walking Dead, there is always that one Zombie that sneaks up on you....despite the fact they are slow as fuck and you can hear them coming for miles.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
13-07-2017, 02:50 AM
Also:

Anybody who says "pacifically" instead of "specifically". You want to be SPECIFIC not say "Well, Oceanically....". Censored OFF!

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
13-07-2017, 03:03 AM
The worst, the absolute worst, is this.

When you're watching a crime procedural (Law & Order and the like), and they have to examine security footage or a photo. They have magical computers that can zoom in 20 times, sharpen the resolution, and allow you to read the license plate off a truck 50 feet away in the reflection on someone's aviator shades.

Sweet holy fuck people, that's not how any of that shit works. You cannot simply magic into existence better resolution. If your security camera footage is low resolution (And it most often is, out of a necessity of limited storage space), then you don't have extra information hiding between the pixels just waiting to be found with the right computer. The pixels you see are what you get, and zooming in would just make those pixels larger. The security system is not a microscope or telescope.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-07-2017, 08:44 AM
(12-07-2017 09:59 AM)jennybee Wrote:  ... if they've ever shit themselves in public--yeah, there was an actual thread.

Not me of late. I've been good since last Friday. Cool

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post