One of my friends isn't doing well...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2013, 06:20 PM
RE: One of my friends isn't doing well...
Sorry to hear this is happening, KC. My condolences to all affected. *hugs*

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm glad the wife is has help. A good friend of mine went through something kinda similar but had no outside support

When we found out (after we seriously admonished her for keeping quiet) we all organized food, cleaning and child care help for her. It's hard enough going through things like that all alone.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

23-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Seriously, you guys? This was posted in the support section for a reason. Your line of questioning is as bad as religious folk eliciting a deathbed conversion. There's a time & a place, and this isn't it. Whatthehell, people?

KC, I'm so sorry about your friends' situation. I hope things will turn out alright for them. They're lucky to have you and QC as friends. Hang in there, I know it's hard to see them in this scared and precarious spot....just remember however you're feeling about it is compounded exponentially for them. Keep us updated, if you're willing......

~V.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Percepticon's post
23-01-2013, 10:30 PM
(23-01-2013 02:59 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ... however, they did a spinal tap on him today and he has staph as well as bacterial meningitis on the brain.

Speaking as a dude who spent 16 hours in sepsis in a hospital with undiagnosed appendicitis which became peritonitis after the fucker burst, followed by two weeks of priority attention from the Infectious Disease Department to avoid the inevitable lawsuit if I died, we are pretty damn good at dealing with most bacteria. Viruses, not so much. ... I think your buddy's gonna be all right. Positive thinking is always more productive than negativity regardless of the situation.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Tough going for your friends' family Kingsy, they will need a lot of help in the next several months - especially the guy's wife. Be prepared about the guy though, the brain is some fairly unexplored territory. With the extra added staph and bacterial meningitis... ugh. Just be prepared and make sure the guy has his papers in order. It's another thing his wife does NOT need to be dealing with.

I know you and Queeny are dealing with your own new little one, but maybe it is time to consider pulling this young woman closer for a while. If nothing else, it will help her to know she's not as alone as she feels. She's going to need a lot of help during the birth and after - her man will be in no condition to attend to even simple things. She is probably on the verge of exhaustion after the past few months of turmoil... and probably at her wit's end as to what will happen next. Care and comfort are all one can provide at this point... and just helping her with the extra burden of stupid life maintenance will be one less thing.

Heart Make sure everyone gets a lot of rest and eats well. Take care.

One practical thing: Revocable Living Trust look into it for this woman (and yourself). People always think they don't have enough for something like a trust when in fact, the less you have, the more you need it secured. A revocable living trust is taken out by a person and can be altered throughout that person's life, it is only unalterable after that person's death - the beneficiaries are unable to make changes or additions.

A revocable living trust is like a suitcase that is carried around while you are alive. Anything placed in the suitcase is protected; checking & savings accounts, house deed, car, will, insurance policies, investments - everything is protected and only certain people(beneficiaries) have the key to the suit case, should anything happen to you. Anything in it is NOT subject to probate - death/ inheritance tax. It is peace of mind for all involved... especially the living person who has a family he/she needs to know is taken care of. Thumbsup

Any pain in the ass lawyer can draw one up for a few hundred $$.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
24-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Hey buddy, I'm sorry to hear, I wish the best for your friend and his family! They are lucky to have you and QC there to support them.
24-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Hey KC. Sorry man. Straight outta the blue huh ? And suddenly someone's life changes... I really hope he'll pull through. Thinking of you guys.
24-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Hope that all goes well.
It's hard to watch people go through things like that, you wish you could fix things though you know you can't.
Just be there and help where you can.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-01-2013, 01:59 PM
That really breaks my heart, honestly. I hope he is getting all of his affairs in order just in case...All you can do is comfort him. I really hate to hear stories like this because there is nothing to say really...it just happens, and in cases like these we are powerless to do much about it.

24-01-2013, 03:06 PM
That is sad, sorry KC!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume