One of my sisters didn't know I gave up religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2016, 06:43 PM
RE: One of my sisters didn't know I gave up religion
The thought of Milton Bradley mass producing ouija boards that are capable of speaking to the dead cracks me up. Is there a wizard at the factory giving them magical powers on the assembly line? I've pointed this BS out to my wife, but she still won't touch them and gets angry every time I see one and make a sarcastic comment.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
18-06-2016, 07:29 PM
Oops, guess she knows now? Hopefully, as others said, she realizes that you're still the same sister.

(18-06-2016 05:48 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 04:00 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  My youngest brother is an Atheist, my younger I not sure. I think he mostly just doesn't care. I know his wife is catholic, and her brother is an atheist as well. So i'm in good company most of the time at famliy gatherings. The Subject never comes up so it's never a real issue.

Out of all of them I think I've defiantly took the largest step away. Trying to really find out the truth. They mostly are because they don't want to be bothered.

I envy you in that regard. I am the only out Heathen I know. I literally have no one outside TTA.
I'm sorry Sad Have a bit of the opposite issue. I know some atheists, and there's apparently a local atheist pub trivia group, but know no Catholics my own age in this town.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-06-2016, 07:44 PM
(18-06-2016 07:29 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Oops, guess she knows now? Hopefully, as others said, she realizes that you're still the same sister.

(18-06-2016 05:48 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I envy you in that regard. I am the only out Heathen I know. I literally have no one outside TTA.
I'm sorry Sad Have a bit of the opposite issue. I know some atheists, and there's apparently a local atheist pub trivia group, but know no Catholics my own age in this town.

Get thee to confession and a Mass, young man! Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
18-06-2016, 08:08 PM
(18-06-2016 07:44 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 07:29 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Oops, guess she knows now? Hopefully, as others said, she realizes that you're still the same sister.

Get thee to confession and a Mass, young man! Tongue

I just came back from both of them! Tongue

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
19-06-2016, 10:39 AM
I think the biggest shock may be because I was the religious sister. I had all the answers, I was the go to, and I helped them with theirs. Most of the time they didn't care for what I had to say but knew I was right.
[+] 2 users Like Jewelarcher's post
19-06-2016, 11:26 AM
(19-06-2016 10:39 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I think the biggest shock may be because I was the religious sister. I had all the answers, I was the go to, and I helped them with theirs. Most of the time they didn't care for what I had to say but knew I was right.

Maybe you need to eat a little crow to have any credibility now. IDK.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
20-06-2016, 12:15 PM
When I first became atheist my 3 siblings were all still Christian, now my twin is also atheist, my older brother is agnostic and older sister is still Christian, I guess she's a born again variety.

The funny thing is that my older sister who still believes has lived the more sinful life, she has 3 kids by 2 guys and never married, cheated on one of them with his brother, did drugs, in and out of rehab, got arrested a few times, etc. I'd feel bad for her if it wasn't for all the times she's used me, lied to me, stolen from me, I honestly can't stand her anymore and what's she putting her kids through, I know they'll need therapy one day.

Sorry to rant but it's just annoying because she's gone though so many 12 step programs she thinks she understands Jesus so well but she's a borderline psychopath, why would I care what she thinks anyway? She better hope there's a God, he'll be the only one who forgives her...and that's the point, he's all she's got now. She's even told me she will go to Heaven but she's not sure about me, honey I'm not the one breaking the law, smoking weed around my kids and sleeping around, but I guess being a godless heathen is worse than all those things. Rolleyes

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]