One of the most misogynist christian site ever!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2015, 04:19 PM
One of the most misogynist christian site ever!
http://biblicalgenderroles.com/

wow...just...wow..

I knew there were Christians out there that thought like this but, holy crap! A whole website about this woman are inferior to men because god bullshit? And the sheer amount of fucking stupid shit that is on here.

I haven't been able to find anything that says this is a satire site, so WTF?

What do you guys think?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2015, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2015 04:46 PM by epronovost.)
RE: One of the most misogynist christian site ever!
I think these people need urgently some reality in their life. What I find very disturbing is the quality and the beautiful esthetic of their web site. There is a lot of time, skill and effort for the promotion of stupidity and contempt there. The irony is that site like these aren't just misogynist they also are very misandrist too. The promotion of strict and unequal gender role has to be one of the most stupid idea humanity ever had. Only racism, in my opinion can be demonstrably even worst.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
16-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Well, at least they're stating their barbaric beliefs upfront instead of cloaking and/or engaging in apologism for their views.

Enjoy:
Quote:But in the Biblical model of marriage, marriage is NOT an equal partnership, but rather a patriarchy(a male lead hierarchical relationship) that is symbolic of the relationship of God to his people.

And they will wonder why fewer and fewer people take them seriously.....

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
16-06-2015, 05:18 PM
I think I really feel like crepes now. And that the "dad" on the left picture looks rather pedophile-y, his hands say "screw that one" but his lips and tongue say "yea.. screw that one...".
16-06-2015, 05:19 PM
Well this is just someone's blog, however, I don't see anything in it that's particularly extreme in terms of the teachings I experienced in my years as a fundamentalist. I was consistently taught that the husband is "the head of" (in charge of) the wife. In fairness I was also taught that you live with your wife in an understanding way, not for the purpose of lording it over her but as her protector and champion. I think that in practice many fundamentalist men do not wish to see their wife forever barefoot and pregnant. Although such families exist, I can only say that I had zero difficulty with the transition to my current situation which is married to a woman who did not grow up in church and has always been politically liberal and "liberated". And she has no issue with how I treat her in that regard.

All that said, yes, there is a market for this more overt patriarchal teaching, with the subtext that problems in marriage arise basically from women being "uppity" and not properly "submissive".

I have to give credit to my sister-in-law, a very submissive fundamentalist wife who after some 35 years of marriage "grew a pair" and stood up to her husband, my older brother, who had come to take her for granted and was borderline emotionally abusive to her. All that has stopped and all because she was "uppity" enough to threaten to end the relationship if things didn't change. Sometimes a woman does have to take charge, push back, etc. And it's a good thing when they do.
16-06-2015, 06:55 PM
[Image: uppity_zpsd1f24f41.jpg]

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
16-06-2015, 08:09 PM
Excerpt from husband and wife Bible study:

"Oh look! Here's another verse that says you have to shut up and do what I say. Now give me some sugar, baby."

No

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
16-06-2015, 08:28 PM
Insecurity knows no bounds.
16-06-2015, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2015 10:34 PM by dancefortwo.)
I was going to leave a comment but I don't think he'd like what I have to say.Gasp

I think this thread qualifies as a daily dose of stupid.

Edit: I didn't mean the thread itself, I mean website.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
17-06-2015, 07:02 AM
It amazes me how many men take this to heart, yet are so underqualified for the job.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?