One of the most misogynist christian site ever!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2015, 07:04 AM
RE: One of the most misogynist christian site ever!
(16-06-2015 04:19 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I haven't been able to find anything that says this is a satire site, so WTF?

What do you guys think?

The first sentence from his about page:

Anonymous misogynist asshole Wrote:This site started out as just a place for me to vent about Feminism and the deterioration of gender roles in America and in Western society.

That's really all you need to know about him. He hates women and his conservative Christian world view gives him a reason and ammunition to do that. He's a bad person who believes bad things.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
17-06-2015, 07:16 AM
The really sad part is that this is also completely able to be supported bibically. How any woman can actually buy into this crap and not be consumed by the cognitive dissonance is beyond me.

Quote:The relationship between man and woman is meant to be a symbol of the relationship between God and his people. The man exercises God’s leadership, protection and provision traits. Woman exercises God’s submission traits, as Christ was always fully submitted to the father’s will, so should woman out of respect for God, be fully submissive to her husband.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
17-06-2015, 07:29 AM
I think any misogynist who opens the first page of the bible will instantly get on board. It blames Eve for the fall and continues in the same vein right through to Paul/Saul who hated women. Then pretty much all of those early fathers of the church see women as evil. John Calvin said "Woman is more guilty than man, because she was seduced by Satan, and so diverted her husband from obedience to God" and then continues to waffle on about how it is justified that we bear shame and guilt...blah blah.

So yep...the bible...misogyny 101.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 2 users Like Eva's post
17-06-2015, 08:16 AM
(17-06-2015 07:16 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  The really sad part is that this is also completely able to be supported bibically. How any woman can actually buy into this crap and not be consumed by the cognitive dissonance is beyond me.

Quote:The relationship between man and woman is meant to be a symbol of the relationship between God and his people. The man exercises God’s leadership, protection and provision traits. Woman exercises God’s submission traits, as Christ was always fully submitted to the father’s will, so should woman out of respect for God, be fully submissive to her husband.

Misogynist schools of thought are almost always misandrist about a very specific area: child care and housekeeping. They consider women to be superior to men when it comes to comforting children (or caring about other human) and providing a nice environment for your family to live in. They will deny that men have the proper tools (body or mind) to do those kind of things just like they deny women have the tools to wage war and command for example.

Those women who buy into misogynist school of thought are almost always born into a patriarchal culture and were raised has such. This caused them to become extremely good at caring and housekeeping (which is great since this is an important job) and felt extremely valorised by their success. This is their thing and no one is ever going to take that success away from them. They develop a form of solidarity with other women like them and it became the source of their pride and collective self-esteem. They may be submissive to men, they may not command the same amount of power, respect and authority, but even they recognise their unrivaled aptitude to care for others and likes them for that.

Has an active feminist, I faced several times trouble when trying to expose and explain feminism to women in such a situation. I found myself attacking directly the only redeeming quality that women have in their mind. I attack the place of men in society but also their special place in society and the area where they will always be number 1. If you accept that men and women are equal, you have to accept that some men will be better than most women at caring and housekeeping. You will have to lose your special spot. Of course, she will gain a lot more than she will lose for doing so, but it's still very hard to leave a well-established comfort zone for a fight which you might still lose. This of course is just my personal opinion on the subject of why is there some women actively participating or even pushing a misogynist agenda.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
17-06-2015, 12:13 PM
Well at least he is honest about his position.
17-06-2015, 03:19 PM
(17-06-2015 07:04 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(16-06-2015 04:19 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I haven't been able to find anything that says this is a satire site, so WTF?

What do you guys think?

The first sentence from his about page:

Anonymous misogynist asshole Wrote:This site started out as just a place for me to vent about Feminism and the deterioration of gender roles in America and in Western society.

That's really all you need to know about him. He hates women and his conservative Christian world view gives him a reason and ammunition to do that. He's a bad person who believes bad things.

He probably does, but nothing in vent about Feminism and the deterioration of gender roles in America and in Western society is inherently misogyny.
17-06-2015, 03:31 PM
@Gilgamesh

The Western society gender roles are misogynist. So yes, that sentence is inherently misogynous. If you feel you need to vent on feminism has a whole because you dislike it, you are either misogynist, misandrist or even both at the same time.
17-06-2015, 03:36 PM
(17-06-2015 03:31 PM)epronovost Wrote:  If you feel you need to vent on feminism has a whole because you dislike it, you are either misogynist, misandrist or even both at the same time.

Feminism doesn't hold a monopoly on the notion of equality, so you are wrong on all fronts.

But we may be talking past eachother. Your idea of feminism and my idea of feminism are likely different, and this can't be reconciled. As the English language does not deal in absolutes, no definition that is supposed to contain something as broad as a movement, will ever be faithful. Rather, it'd be easier to just state what you believe in, individually, rather than find a word to encompass all your beliefs. It's probably 'equality between the sexes', yeah? I'm down with that. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find one who isn't.
17-06-2015, 04:11 PM
@Gilgamesh

I would agree on not entering a sementic war over the word feminism in the english language and settle for «equality between sexes». But, contrarly to what you said it's actualy very easy for me to find someone who is opposed to equality between sexes. That blogger is just one of them and he proudly displays it.
17-06-2015, 04:25 PM
(17-06-2015 04:11 PM)epronovost Wrote:  @Gilgamesh

I would agree on not entering a sementic war over the word feminism in the english language and settle for «equality between sexes». But, contrarly to what you said it's actualy very easy for me to find someone who is opposed to equality between sexes. That blogger is just one of them and he proudly displays it.

Well, being christian almost requires one be a misogynist, right? lol. I mean, in part this thread irks me for that reason; Not everyone who identifies as a christian is a misogynist, but it is inherently the case that for that to be so that they cherry-pick the bible, right?

I've never read the bible front-to-back, myself, but I've read enough excerpts.