One of the most misogynist christian site ever!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2015, 07:23 PM
RE: One of the most misogynist christian site ever!
@Gilgamesh

I have yet to meet someone who believe and push for gender role that wasn't at least a little bit misogynist and/or misandrist. It may be possible, but I just haven't found any yet. The gender roles of the Bible are indeed falling into that categorie. To be a feminist (or in favor of sex equality if you prefer) and a Christian, you need to cherry-pick your Bible a lot or make the greatest sementic stunt the world has ever seen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
18-06-2015, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2015 01:23 AM by Banjo.)
(16-06-2015 05:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think I really feel like crepes now.

[Image: crepes-strawberries-21784187.jpg]

Mmmm, crepes.... Drooling

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-06-2015, 02:09 AM
(18-06-2015 01:20 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(16-06-2015 05:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think I really feel like crepes now.

[Image: crepes-strawberries-21784187.jpg]

Mmmm, crepes.... Drooling

"Just say, I like really thin pancakes."
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
18-06-2015, 02:45 AM
(17-06-2015 03:19 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  He probably does, but nothing in vent about Feminism and the deterioration of gender roles in America and in Western society is inherently misogyny.

I think the fact that he feels gender roles have deteriorated is a sign of misogyny. From that terminology I can infer he feels that the fact that women, in the west, now have greater career prospects, with pay that is now beginning to equal a man's when preforming the same role, that we are no longer tied to marriage and bearing children and then having to take full responsibility for those children in the role of major carer, that we now have the choice to live the life we want without being dependant on a man for our source of income and accommodation, and the many other freedoms that women have had to fight for, for him, is a bad sign.

But for me this is not deterioration but advancement, a move towards a more civilised society where peoples choices are respected and that men are no longer instilled with an attitude that us women should be kept down. In fact I see men who carry the attitude that women need to 'know their place' as weak, insecure men who can only feel a sense of self power and security by taking it away from someone else, in this case women. To a self assured, independent women this is not a attractive quality and something to be steered clear of.

So I disagree there is something inherently misogynistic about that quote.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
18-06-2015, 05:46 AM
(17-06-2015 03:19 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  He probably does, but nothing in vent about Feminism and the deterioration of gender roles in America and in Western society is inherently misogyny.

Any notion of gender roles I've ever heard in western society has always been misogynistic.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post