One of the worst emotional nights I've ever had

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2012, 06:20 PM
RE: One of the worst emotional nights I've ever had
(04-09-2012 06:07 PM)frankiej Wrote:  
(04-09-2012 05:59 PM)Alice Wrote:  Telling him I was sorry I put doubt in his head the this kids will suffer because there is no afterlife no god watching over us no one helping us.

Well, I doubt I can help, but I will say that no afterlife means no suffering after death. That is surely a good thing. There isn't a god helping us at anything... the world wouldn't be as fucked up as it is if there was. He either doesn't exist or is totally useless, so it doesn't actually matter.

Anyway, have some of muff's mum's mac n cheese to cheer yourself up.

umm whats the recipe?? I think I need it.

“The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free.”
― Baruch Spinoza
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2012, 06:21 PM
^ elbow noodles and cottage cheese? or is it just kd?

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
04-09-2012, 06:21 PM
(04-09-2012 06:12 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  (I wish I didn't cry so easily it's embarassing)

Seriously though, I went through a process similar to yours (not nearly as severe though) and cried a lot. However you have done something wonderful in freeing yourself and your husband from the grips of religion and have paved the way towards a new freethinking life away from the malevolent sky daddy.

*hugs*

I'm past embarrassment now because I have done it so much lolol. the meaning Truth Hurts is no joke.

“The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free.”
― Baruch Spinoza
[+] 1 user Likes Alice's post
04-09-2012, 06:25 PM
^agreed, but I do it in class when we watch sad movies Blush

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

04-09-2012, 06:29 PM
(04-09-2012 06:25 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  ^agreed, but I do it in class when we watch sad movies Blush

ok you win. lol. The privacy of my own home is way better, I try to hide it in class. lol

― Baruch Spinoza
[+] 2 users Like Alice's post
04-09-2012, 06:37 PM
oh no, I just realized that we have been giving out muffs mac and cheese. muffs is gonna rage when he find out.

---------
so have you come to any conclusions yet or are the feeling still to raw?

04-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Alice, you are grieving just like you would grieve over the loss of a loved one.

It doesn't really matter whether the presence in your life was real or imaginary, when it is gone there is a void. And when there is a void in the life of humans, humans grieve. It is a physical process.

There is a golden lining in this.

The fact that you suddenly started grieving means that you have stopped struggling with the truth.

The imaginary presence is gone.

You will continue to grieve for some time, depending on your age and how strongly you believed.

It's ok. It's ok to cry. It's natural. It will run it's course. And it will come to an end.

And you will feel liberated when you are done. Free of something that you never knew was burdening you until it was gone.

Give yourself the time to grieve, all the time you want. Crying is good, it actually stimulates the same chemicals in the brain as prayer.

So let her rip, but don't worry about it. It will resolve itself and you will feel great, as you should.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 7 users Like Dom's post
04-09-2012, 06:41 PM
see, dom is so nice i'm considering pulling a hoc.

04-09-2012, 06:42 PM
(04-09-2012 06:18 PM)Alice Wrote:  
(04-09-2012 06:06 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  You have a great husband. And he is right, keep going and keep learning. It does get better, at least it has for me. It even gets empowering. And death is not so scary and doom filled. Things become beautiful even for the truth they are, and always have been.

Were you sad for the time before you were born? That's how it will be when you die. Do you remember your great great great great great great grandmother and mourn the loss of her? This is how your future great (etc) grandkids will feel. And as for any loss in this lifetime, whether or not you believe you will feel it and cope with it because that is what you were always going to do.

Allow yourself these sad times. You are mourning a loss of a life that you had. But also take time and explore the new life you are getting in return, because it is an awe inspiring and beautiful one. Smile

I guess I mourning and grieving ALOT of things, my past life, the future one I thought I was going to have (with people I lost and a "god" I loved), a god/jesus that I thought was my "father". Then just knowing more grieving is probably going to come like what about if my family finds out, I haven't started to think about the people I was close to that died that I never really coped with their death because you were suppose to see them again lol. What a nightmare! And it makes me mad soooo mad I'm 28 years old and am literally going through this because people played a big game of telephone and decided it was fact.

Yup! I totally know what you mean about the re-grieving for people who've passed on.

The best thought that comes through my mind when I think of these people, especially for my best friend who passed away, is that it happened. They happened. And I am a better person for them. I've known their kindness, their wisdom and the fact that they understood me in the way they did. This all can easily have not happened or this life could easily not be happening, but it is. What a unique experience.

All a personal thing though, and a personal process. Glad you are coming here to let us go through it with you!
04-09-2012, 07:13 PM
As others have said, it's all a part of the grieving process. It's a good sign and bottled up emotions are good for no-one. It's great your husband is so understanding and supportive.

Last night my son had to cancel an appointment with the vet as his girlfriends pet rabbit had passed away before they got there. As I listened to him cancel the appointment he said, "yes, it's now in a better place". After he'd hung up I said to him, "why did you say that?". He said that although he thinks there's nothing after this life he couldn't bring himself to say, 'the rabbit's dead'. He doesn't like the word dead. He went on to say he doesn't like the thought of there being nothing after we die. I said, "well, do you remember being a baby?" and he said, "no". I said, "well it's like that as you won't even know you're gone and what's the point of fretting about it as it won't change anything". He agreed but he still holds the hope of a type of re-incarnation.
A further talk about this may be in order...Consider
It's not easy but it's the only way to go!

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post