One question that completely refutes atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2014, 08:15 AM
RE: One question that completely refutes atheism
So when is the question that refutes atheism going to be asked?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
23-07-2014, 08:21 AM
(23-07-2014 08:15 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  So when is the question that refutes atheism going to be asked?

He "asked" it in the form of a troll website on page two, that makes some rather odd leaps in logic. Two problems with that site:

1) Logic = gawd, with a crappy explanation on how they got to that conclusion.

2) One of the four starting positions is "I don't care if absolute truth exists or not". This option causes you to leave the website. So, basically, by admission, if you don't care about the author's bullshit presupposition, you can dismiss his bullshit conclusion. Oops.
23-07-2014, 09:13 AM
(23-07-2014 08:15 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  So when is the question that refutes atheism going to be asked?

atheism is non belief
you cant refute non belief
23-07-2014, 09:24 AM
(23-07-2014 09:13 AM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  

atheism is non belief

Miss the point much? Smile
23-07-2014, 09:37 AM
I can list a bunch of things that I can say I know for absolute certain. That I love gears of war and pokemon, dark souls is hard, I think meat and potatoes taste better than everything else, that Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Krishna, and every other holy book deity does not exist, and that this argument is bullshit.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
23-07-2014, 09:52 AM
(23-07-2014 08:21 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

He "asked" it in the form of a troll website on page two, that makes some rather odd leaps in logic. Two problems with that site:

1) Logic = gawd, with a crappy explanation on how they got to that conclusion.

2) One of the four starting positions is "I don't care if absolute truth exists or not". This option causes you to leave the website. So, basically, by admission, if you don't care about the author's bullshit presupposition, you can dismiss his bullshit conclusion. Oops.
You also missed the point!
23-07-2014, 09:58 AM
Presuppositional apologetics are for people who are intellectual stumps who have no interest in actual debate, conversation or actually attempting to convince people of anything. It's word play, and shitty word play at that and is really intended for nothing more than frustrating your opponent. There's nothing convincing or refuting about it except the ability to lose respect from those you debate since you're not interested in intellectual honesty.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
23-07-2014, 10:02 AM
I'm going to spell this shit out.
There has yet to be any comments or questions asked that could point out any flaw in (for lack of a better term) atheistic reasoning.
Or (perhaps more simply put) any question that could refute the "no god hypothesis" hasn't been asked.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
23-07-2014, 10:11 AM
(23-07-2014 10:02 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I'm going to spell this shit out.
There has yet to be any comments or questions asked that could point out any flaw in (for lack of a better term) atheistic reasoning.
Or (perhaps more simply put) any question that could refute the "no god hypothesis" hasn't been asked.

You're gonna have to define "atheistic reasoning" to me, since atheism is just a lack of belief in god... are you defining something called "lack-of-belief-in-a-deity-istic-reasoning"????? Last I checked, just simple reasoning and logic and rational thinking was what most people talk about. I'm unaware of a specific type of logical reasoning that comes with specifically lacking a belief in a god that is different from other logical or rational forms of reasoning.

I'm being serious.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
23-07-2014, 10:16 AM
(23-07-2014 09:24 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 09:13 AM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  atheism is non belief

Miss the point much? Smile

all the timeFacepalm