One question that completely refutes atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2014, 02:09 PM
RE: One question that completely refutes atheism
(24-07-2014 11:34 AM)Zippo Wrote:  Ok. The title of the post is driving me crazy.

You can't refute atheism. That's like telling a hole that it is no longer a hole.

Are you trying to refute the concept of someone lacking belief in deities?

Good luck with that.

I am showing that non belief in God reduces your worldview to absurdity. I am refuting the premise of atheism, not it's existence.

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2014, 02:11 PM
(24-07-2014 09:12 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  After 17 pages, that I didn't read, I returned to the original question and had to reword it for it to make any sense to me.

Does an understanding of everything that exists.....exist. To me that's what absolute truth is, verses your normal everyday truth.
And the answer would be no, not as far as I know. I have no idea what all there is in "everything" and since humans (so far) are the only intelligent minds I am aware of, I don't think we have that kind of depth of understanding about "everything".

We know quite a bit, considering where and how we live. I sometimes think we are the equivalent of bacteria constructing devices that measure fluctuations in the quantum states of quarks

[Image: Debunking+Atheists+certainty1.jpg]

Truth seeker.
24-07-2014, 02:20 PM
(24-07-2014 02:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(24-07-2014 11:34 AM)Zippo Wrote:  Ok. The title of the post is driving me crazy.

You can't refute atheism. That's like telling a hole that it is no longer a hole.

Good luck with that.

I am showing that non belief in God reduces your worldview to absurdity. I am refuting the premise of atheism, not it's existence.

Atheism doesn't have premises.

Theism does.

You really don't give a shit, do you?

I hope that the attention your trolling earns you is at least personally gratifying. There sure as fuck isn't anything else to be gained from this thread.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
24-07-2014, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2014 02:38 PM by natachan.)
Diddo, you have refused to give a definition. We have given them to you and given reasons for not supporting the concept. Give us a reason that our reasons are not valid, or provide your own definition of the term.

Edit: autocorrect changed a word or two >.<
24-07-2014, 02:25 PM
Edit:
24-07-2014, 02:30 PM
Re: RE: One question that completely refutes atheism

Good luck with that.

So what?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-07-2014, 02:33 PM

Good luck with that.

Hello again! Life schedule allowing posting (Yay! Big Grin)

Except you haven't. Many replies to yourself have shown that...And now, judging by the rehashed meme posting, you are not going to.

*Shrug*

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
24-07-2014, 02:52 PM
(20-07-2014 12:03 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Is "probably not" absolutely true?

No, but it doesn't need to be. It's maximally true and that's what matters.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
24-07-2014, 02:52 PM
One question that completely refutes atheism
Is it dead yet?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
24-07-2014, 03:10 PM
I think people can be absolutely certain about facts, but absolute certainty in and of itself would seem to refer to everything, an absolute knowledge about everything. I can be absolutely certain that I am typing on my computer and and at the same time know that absolute certainty on the whole grand scale doesn't exist.

One cannot have absolute certainty about everything. Why do I know that ? Because I don't know everything.

I am absolutely certain that absolute certainty doesn't exist.
In other words, I am 100% confident that the test results will show that I am not 100% confident.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results