One question that completely refutes atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2014, 03:19 PM
RE: One question that completely refutes atheism
Diddo, does a fantasy exist?

I noticed that you didn't answer this the last time I asked it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2014, 03:40 PM
(20-07-2014 11:53 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Does absolute truth exist?
I'll tell you when you stop being so fucking cryptic&disingenuous!

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
24-07-2014, 03:47 PM
(24-07-2014 03:19 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Diddo, does a fantasy exist?

By definition, it doesn't

Truth seeker.
24-07-2014, 03:49 PM
(24-07-2014 03:47 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(24-07-2014 03:19 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Diddo, does a fantasy exist?

By definition, it doesn't

How can you have a fantasy if fantasies don't exist?
[+] 6 users Like Mathilda's post
24-07-2014, 04:16 PM
(24-07-2014 02:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I am showing attempting to show that non belief in God reduces your worldview to absurdity.
Fixed that for you.

(24-07-2014 02:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I am refuting the premise of atheism, not it's existence.
Atheism has no premise.

I think you mean to say that you trying to refute the idea that God doesn't exist. In which case you would be proving that God does exist. So which God's existence are you proving now? Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
24-07-2014, 05:01 PM
I have no urge to say anything about the topic in this thread since I am an Irreligious agnostic... Tongue

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
24-07-2014, 05:11 PM
(24-07-2014 05:01 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  I have no urge to say anything about the topic in this thread since I am an Irreligious agnostic... Tongue

I contend that you sir, are an atheist.

And also that by saying you had no urge to say anything on the topic, you did indeed say something on the topic.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-07-2014, 06:20 PM
(24-07-2014 02:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(24-07-2014 11:34 AM)Zippo Wrote:  Ok. The title of the post is driving me crazy.

You can't refute atheism. That's like telling a hole that it is no longer a hole.

Are you trying to refute the concept of someone lacking belief in deities?

Good luck with that.

I am showing that non belief in God reduces your worldview to absurdity. I am refuting the premise of atheism, not it's existence.

My worldview just told me that it swallowed your proof whole without so much as a burp and it wants to know if there's going to be anything else, otherwise it needs to order a pizza or something.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
24-07-2014, 06:29 PM
(24-07-2014 06:20 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(24-07-2014 02:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I am showing that non belief in God reduces your worldview to absurdity. I am refuting the premise of atheism, not it's existence.

My worldview just told me that it swallowed your proof whole without so much as a burp and it wants to know if there's going to be anything else, otherwise it needs to order a pizza or something.

He's right.

Your worldview is absurd. How can it just go about wolfing down stupid like that? Ingesting dumb like that might lead to indigestion!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-07-2014, 06:31 PM
(24-07-2014 06:29 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(24-07-2014 06:20 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  My worldview just told me that it swallowed your proof whole without so much as a burp and it wants to know if there's going to be anything else, otherwise it needs to order a pizza or something.

He's right.

Your worldview is absurd. How can it just go about wolfing down stupid like that? Ingesting dumb like that might lead to indigestion!

Nay, my worldview has a cast iron stomach laddy.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick