One question that completely refutes atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2014, 06:42 PM
RE: One question that completely refutes atheism
A non-belief in something that there is no evidence for doesn't effect my worldview one bit. The world is still there and I'm still viewing it, as it is. The observation of reality does not change, no matter what I believe or don't believe.

I could believe that all books are completely blank until I open them, but there is no evidence for that. There is no rational justification for believing that, so I don't.
If 4 billion people believed that and I didn't, whose worldview would you say is absurd, someone who believes in things with no evidence or someone who observes reality and accepts that world that is observed ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
25-07-2014, 12:07 AM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2014 12:12 AM by Tartarus Sauce.)
Wow you really do need to have everything spelled out for you, diddo.

1: You haven't actually addressed the core principle of atheism this entire time.
2: Absolute certainty is not some monkey wrench that every theory, idea, or viewset need come to terms with since absolute certainty is impossible to achieve by default and therefore does not affect any preposition that makes no claim of an infallible declaration.
3. Even if the concept of absolute certainty mattered for prepositions not claiming absolute certainty (pro-tip: it doesn't), that still wouldn't change the fact that you have been piddling around in the kiddie pool of epistemology this entire thread. Epistemology is an equal-opportunist augmenter in the theological spectrum, meaning your already flawed utilization of it for attacking atheism is not only irrelevant and unrelated, but arbitrary and dishonest as well. If absolute certainty was in fact a problem for atheism (which has already been pointed to not be the case; have you seriously never heard of the term agnostic, because you're sure acting like you haven't), it would be just as much a problem for theism as well. Your continued ignorance of this simple dynamic is disheartening to say the least.

So please spare Willy Wanka any further embarrassment, because you're making him look like a degenerate cretin as well.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
25-07-2014, 07:16 AM
(24-07-2014 02:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I am showing that non belief in God reduces your worldview to absurdity. I am refuting the premise of atheism, not it's existence.

No, you're showing that you're willing to ignore what no less than ten different people are saying just so you can keep this troll thread running for twenty goddamn pages.

When you first started posting here, your posts were odd to the point that I wondered why you were even here. Then, you suddenly seemed interested with intellectual honesty, and you had a dash or sympathetic personal issues mixed in (my guess is to make us like you). Now, you've just gone onto full troll mode. You're obviously not here to have anything resembling an honest discussion.

Ignore list, it is! I think I can safely assume that if you start posting in a more honest fashion, that it will only be temporary until your next bout of trolling, as past experience has shown us.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post