One question that completely refutes atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2014, 06:09 PM
RE: One question that completely refutes atheism
(20-07-2014 05:53 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(20-07-2014 05:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Troll is becoming more obvious.

It is absolutely true that this is not possible.

I challenge your assertion...cause gawd.

So there...Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2014, 06:19 PM
(20-07-2014 11:53 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Does absolute truth exist?
Yes, it does. But it is synonymous with "universe" or "existence", because it is THE universe, whatever it is in its wholeness.
The truth about universe is as great and complex as the universe itself, and since there is no photocopier of the universe, the truth is the thing itself, everything.

Absoluteness is real and necessary aspect of the universe, evidenced in its beginning (Big Bang singularity) and further reflected as a possibility in mathematics, as the concept of the infinite. It is however a great question if, when and how the universe will revert back to the absolute state in some way. I like to think so, but the exact mechanism still escapes even my considerable imagination. Give me some time, I'll figure it out, though I don't guarantee I'll be able to explain it Tongue

Meanwhile feel free to ask any questions you need to believe in life beyond Christianity Wink
20-07-2014, 06:27 PM
We know that we don't know everything, but we know enough. You can't get more honest than that. I think the biggest misconception is that our logic fails and is not functional after this. This is a false dichotomy. Resulting most often when dealing with absolutes. In reality, our logic, while not absolute, enables us to sufficiently function within the bounds of our reality. This is often taken for granted, and this is what pre-suppositionalists take advantage of.

Once again, our logic, while not absolute, is sufficient in allowing us to live our lives to the fullest extent (as a species) within our reality.

Everything else to the contrary will likely result in special pleading, shifting of the burden of proof, false dichotomies, and non-sequitirs. Pushed further we will soon see goal post shifting, and circular definitions. Lastly we will begin to see persecution complexes, tone trolling and ad hominems.

This, in my experience, is pre-suppositional apologetics.

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
[+] 3 users Like ivaneus's post
20-07-2014, 06:33 PM
I could swear I've seen this movie before. Dodgy

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
20-07-2014, 06:34 PM
(20-07-2014 06:33 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I could swear I've seen this movie before. Dodgy

And it ain't no better the second time around. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
20-07-2014, 06:35 PM
(20-07-2014 05:31 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(20-07-2014 01:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Absolutely not.

If that's what you believe, your worldview is self contradictory.

So what? I should give ashit why?

#sigh
20-07-2014, 07:14 PM
[Image: hrk7qu.jpg]

What this troll fails to realize is he is trying to comprehend the world through the utilization of a failed methodology...faith.

Faith is the delusion, belief without evidence. Faith is pretending to know things that you dont know. To say "I have faith in god" really means "I pretend to know things I don't know about god"....THINK about it, you dont know, you HOPE.

I think it is very anthropocentric and a great show of hubris of you to posit that we are the center of everything, that the bible (based on myth and full of pseudepigrapha) is proof of anything, and then you have the audacity to challenge atheism?

*points* you belong at the kid's table. At the kids table you can talk about whatever fairy tales, and make believe stories about jesus to your hearts content. Over here at the adult table, if you wish to enter the conversation and be taken seriously, you must bring, logic, reason and evidence. Until then *points* go sit at the kiddie table where you belong.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
20-07-2014, 11:05 PM
This dipshits little self deprecating game of "I'm a retard" has gotten stale and boring. This repetitive bullshit stream is just dull dull dull he's got nothing to say of any worth.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
21-07-2014, 12:42 AM
[Image: 2003_zps87dc0dd1.gif]
21-07-2014, 12:47 AM
Personally I'm amazed that there exists anyone who is taken in by Sye Ten Bruggencate after they have reasoned about it. The only person I have seen who does describes themselves as a retard yet calls us morons. Surely that's contradictory?

The argument is phrased in such a meaningless way that it isn't even wrong.

But I feel another argument against the existence of God coming along so I might run with it.

What does it mean to know something?

Literally with animals it means that there is a temporal pattern of matter and electrical energy in the brain. Certain neurons will have firing rates and synaptic connections that are more effectively able to activate other specific neurons. Depending on whether we are talking about short term, long term or working memory the neurons may also be potentiated.

If a computer knows something then there will be a specific electrical pattern held in memory.

For something to know something there needs to be a pattern of energy contained in a pattern of matter. This also holds true for any god, even if you use special pleading to argue that God consists only of complex patterns of energy then this still holds true because there needs to be some process producing intelligence.

You can't know everything because you can't know how your entire brain is currently working at any particular moment. Even if you had some futuristic brain scanner to observe how you know a fact, you wouldn't at that time know how your brain was observing it. And if someone argues that you could then it becomes an infinite regress. Someone can't then know how they are observing both how they know a fact and how they are observing how they know that fact.

So not even a mythical god can know absolutely everything. And because God is supposed to be omniscient, for this reason the question is meaningless and God cannot exist.