One thing I don't understand about this resurrection crap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2014, 07:17 PM
One thing I don't understand about this resurrection crap
So... If I fail to appease this "God" character, an all-powerful, all-good being, that means I'm the lowest form of worthlessness.

If I'm the lowest form of worthlessness, why should I be looking for a way out of this punishment that this all-powerful, all-good being has created for me?

If I'm the lowest form of worthlessnss, surely I am deserving of infinite torture...

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2014, 07:28 PM
RE: One thing I don't understand about this resurrection crap
Which is exactly why religion preys on the weak. Religion says you are worthless.... The weak man agrees and is then told he will be loved if he obeys.

Easy conversion
23-01-2014, 07:46 PM
That's what I don't understand. They say God hates me ... and then that he loves me? It makes no fucking sense.

Truth seeker.
23-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Welcome to religion.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
23-01-2014, 08:41 PM
(23-01-2014 07:46 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  That's what I don't understand. They say God hates me ... and then that he loves me? It makes no fucking sense.

A lot of these contradictory ideas wreak of double-speak.
  • God loves you so much he created hell in case you don't love him back.
  • Trust in God that he will take care of you, yet do not test God.
  • God will provide everything you need, but if you do not work, you shall not eat.
  • God is simultaneously three entities and only one entity.
  • God's mercy knows no bounds, and he will punish the transgressions of one man for generations.

This is the side effect of combining a series of bronze-age beliefs for the purpose of unifying a group of people, and then piggy-backing an entirely different religion on top of it.
[+] 8 users Like RobbyPants's post
23-01-2014, 10:26 PM
“Origen—a third-century Christian theologian—in quoting Celsus—a second-century Greek philosopher—preserved for us the latter’s critical attacks against Christianity in his rebuttal, Against Celsus. Celsus wrote, ‘But we must examine this question whether anyone who really died ever rose again with the same body . . . But who saw this? A hysterical female, as you say, and perhaps some other one of those who were deluded by the same sorcery, who either dreamt in a certain state of mind and through wishful thinking had a hallucination due to some mistaken notion (an experience which has happened to thousands), or, which is more likely, wanted to impress others by telling this fantastic tale, and so by this cock-and-bull story to provide a chance for other beggars.’”

“Nice, really nice. So, you think Mary was just a hysterical female?” Linda demanded to know, the indignation in her voice obvious to everyone.

“Hey, don’t shoot the messenger. I am just repeating what other people have already thought. Maybe you would be more inclined to believe another woman, one who is also a professor of religious studies. Professor Margaret Y. MacDonald, in her provocatively titled book Early Christian Women and Pagan Opinion: The Power of the Hysterical Woman, wrote:
Quote:The mention of a hysterical woman may simply be a general attempt to ridicule the beliefs of a cult which sprang from the foolish imaginings of women. . . . But Celsus’ knowledge of the Christian tradition is substantial enough that it is possible that he was familiar with the important role women play in resurrection accounts, and with the role of Mary of Magdala in particular. . . . If Celsus’ remarks were substantive rather than simply being a stereotypical attempt to chide early Christians, he was asserting that from its inception to his own day, Christianity had been very much a women’s religion.

“This theory—seen from the perspective of its massive historical consequences—that the most important Christian belief sprang from the foolish imaginings of one hysterical woman is totally mind-blowing. Stop and think about that for a second: billions of people over the past two thousand years have believed devoutly in the delusion of one woman. The social, political and military implications that this simple act of faith has had on history truly stagger the imagination.”

Manifest Insanity, New Testament Chapter

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Diogenes of Mayberry's post
26-01-2014, 03:53 PM
(23-01-2014 07:17 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  So... If I fail to appease this "God" character, an all-powerful, all-good being, that means I'm the lowest form of worthlessness.

If I'm the lowest form of worthlessness, why should I be looking for a way out of this punishment that this all-powerful, all-good being has created for me?

If I'm the lowest form of worthlessnss, surely I am deserving of infinite torture...

By the looks of it there are several things you don't understand. lol
14-02-2014, 05:06 AM
(23-01-2014 07:17 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  So... If I fail to appease this "God" character, an all-powerful, all-good being, that means I'm the lowest form of worthlessness.

You think you are worthless to the all powerful god and you think you deserve infinite torture for that.
To me you are not worthless. You do not deserve torture. You deserve happiness and love and I love you even though you write stupid shit sometimes. Does that sound good enough?
Apparently I am more benevolent then the god character.
14-02-2014, 07:08 AM
(23-01-2014 07:46 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  That's what I don't understand. They say God hates me ... and then that he loves me? It makes no fucking sense.
That straw man makes no sense. However, the Bible doesn't say that god hates you. When a judge passes sentence on a crime, he doesn't necessarily hate the criminal. I once read an account of a man investigating a murder who came to believe his own son did it. He confronted the son and the son confessed. The father turned the son in. Does that necessarily mean the father hated the son?
14-02-2014, 07:15 AM
(23-01-2014 08:36 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Welcome to religion.

Welcome to an abusive relationship.

Hate the belief, love the believer.