One thing I don't understand about this resurrection crap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2014, 01:27 PM
RE: One thing I don't understand about this resurrection crap
(14-02-2014 01:22 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 12:48 PM)Simon Moon Wrote:  While I agree that the OP may have been straw manning the mythological story a bit, your analogies of the judge or the father turning in his son, do not hold up.

Neither the judge or the father are condoning infinite punishment for a finite crime.

I would submit, that anyone that does believe that someone deserves infinite punishment for a finite crime, does indeed hate the person.
Do you think people stop sinning in hell?

That's like asking us if bananas are telekinetic in Narnia.

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2014, 01:40 PM
(14-02-2014 12:48 PM)Simon Moon Wrote:  While I agree that the OP may have been straw manning the mythological story a bit, your analogies of the judge or the father turning in his son, do not hold up.

Neither the judge or the father are condoning infinite punishment for a finite crime.

I would submit, that anyone that does believe that someone deserves infinite punishment for a finite crime, does indeed hate the person.

I'm pretty sure if it's real, the first thing people say is something along the lines of "Fuck" or "God damnit". So my bet would be no. Besides, you're already there. Might as well, you literally have nothing to lose.

Atir aissom atir imon
14-02-2014, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2014 01:58 PM by CleverUsername.)

You supposedly don't do anything down there except burn in horrible agony. It seems unlikely the opportunity would even come up. Even the sins that revolve around thought would be kind of hard to pull off.
14-02-2014, 01:59 PM
(14-02-2014 01:40 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I'm pretty sure if it's real, the first thing people say is something along the lines of "Fuck" or "God damnit". So my bet would be no. Besides, you're already there. Might as well, you literally have nothing to lose.
Yes, that seems logical to me too. So, it's eternal punishment for eternal sins.
14-02-2014, 02:09 PM
(14-02-2014 01:59 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 01:40 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I'm pretty sure if it's real, the first thing people say is something along the lines of "Fuck" or "God damnit". So my bet would be no. Besides, you're already there. Might as well, you literally have nothing to lose.
Yes, that seems logical to me too. So, it's eternal punishment for eternal sins.

No. Fail.

The original 'sin' they are being punished for was finite.

That they are now being tortured for eternity, and have nothing to lose, comes after the infinite punishment for their finite crime already began.

But yeah, this entire conversation is a bit like talking about telekinetic bananas in Narnia.Tongue
14-02-2014, 02:09 PM

Hell does not exist as it is an empty assertion. Sin does not exist as it is a human construct in religious belief circles. Eternal punishment is just a tool in promoting fear.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post