One thing that a theist taught me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: One thing that a theist taught me
We should encourage them to read the Bible. Then maybe we'd have more atheists.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post
21-11-2013, 11:42 AM
(21-11-2013 09:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  The majority of "Christians" are indoctrinated and have no clue what Christianity entails besides the stories they hear in church.

77% of Christians don't read the Bible on a regular basis and just 20-25% of Christians have read the entire Bible.

These are disturbing facts for Christianity as a whole.

This is also the reason why the culture is shifting to a secular one. The lazy don't give a damn either way people (those 77% who don't read the bible) are starting to check None as opposed to Christian when asked. I figure it is about 20-60-20 breakdown as far as Believe in metaphysics because they actually have studied it, believe because that is just the thing to do and never think about it, and finally don't believe in metaphysics because they have studied it.

There is a big segment of society that doesn't want to think and resent anyone (on either side) who tries to make them think.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
21-11-2013, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2013 04:50 PM by IndianAtheist.)
(21-11-2013 09:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  These are disturbing facts for Christianity as a whole.
That's not surprising actually 99% of the modern Hindus don't know a single word about Vedas and still believe in hinduism.

At least Christians don't have the original copy of the bible and only follow the translations of translations

Hindus most certainly have the original copy of Vedas preserved and they still don't care, this pretty much tells how theism just leeches on sheer human ignorance.

The actual reason why hindus don't have a copy vedas is because of the Caste system which prevented the circulation of knowledge in the society by restricting it to the elites and thus no one knows about Vedas only some old Brahmans do.
22-11-2013, 08:19 AM
(21-11-2013 09:02 AM)RaisdCath Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 07:03 AM)bustead Wrote:  My school is conducting a large scale brainwash again called "godspell week". I (somehow) bravely stepped in the hall in a lunch time sharing section. I questioned some christians about the problem of evil without getting any satisfying ansewers
You don't mention here the ages of the "christians" you questioned. That would help a bit.

Quote: before I was "led away" by a teacher and he told me that asking christians that young questions that is this hard is a waste of time since most of them (95% according to him) are beliving christianity with emotions rather than logic. Thus I would be asking the wrong people for these questions.
Maybe he is right after all.

Well. let's see. From infanthood, most US kids (hmmm...perhaps I can't even say that anymore)....are "taught" by their parent(s) all about belief in Santa, Easter Bunny and some sort of Tooth Faerie...and if in a christain household...all sorts of other myths as well.
At what point do these youth begin to really question the truth and verifiability of these myths? I really don't know. For some...soon; for others much much later.

These students are ranging from Form 2 to Form 4. (Middle school to high school)
BTW this teacher has told me to read a book called "Evidence that demands a verdict". What is this?

I got Dysgraphia and i am not living in the US so plz forgive my poor english.