One way in which christianity fucks with peoples minds

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2014, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2014 12:48 PM by donotwant.)
One way in which christianity fucks with peoples minds
I had a 2 hour long debate with a stupid girl and like many other christians she is perfectly fine with punishing offspring for "sins" of their parents even if it includes being burned alive, torn apart by dogs, beaten with metal rods for 50 days or starving to death. Yippy Ky yay motherfuckers!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes donotwant's post
18-02-2014, 12:50 PM
RE: One way in which christianity fucks with peoples minds
HA, ATHEISTS.
YOU'RE A DESCENDANT FROM ADAM AND EVE, WHICH MEANS YOU INHERIT THEIR SINS!
CHECKMATE, ATHEISTS!

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
18-02-2014, 12:58 PM
She also believes in the flood and thinks it was justice.
After 2 hours I just couldn't listen to her anymore because she makes up shit on the fly. Like god is no longer omniscient but has a plan and doesn't know if people will follow it or not and he has prognosis but doesn't know how accurate they are. Give me a fucking break.
18-02-2014, 01:21 PM
It took 2 whole hours?

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
18-02-2014, 01:27 PM
(18-02-2014 12:58 PM)donotwant Wrote:  She also believes in the flood and thinks it was justice.
After 2 hours I just couldn't listen to her anymore because she makes up shit on the fly. Like god is no longer omniscient but has a plan and doesn't know if people will follow it or not and he has prognosis but doesn't know how accurate they are. Give me a fucking break.

You win the world record for... (drumroll)
MOST AMOUNT OF PATIENCE POSSIBLE BY A HUMAN BEING!
[Image: GWR_TM_Official_Attempt_Gold.png]

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
18-02-2014, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2014 01:40 PM by donotwant.)
Yes 2 whole hours if not more. Most of the time we ran around in circles discussing if god knows the future or not.
Sometimes it's extremely hard to make them answer the simple questions.
She also claimed the bible said things which it did not in fact say and made bunch of baseless assertions like if something bad happened god had a good reason for it etc.

Her argument for the flood was that babies and animals went to heaven and all grown ups were scumbags who deserved to die.
Also if god refused to save her from a burning building it's a good plan. If I refuse to save her from a burning building I'm a sinner because I don't have good reason not to save her from a burning building if I have the possibility to.
I had no choice but to give up when she invoked her logically incorrect free will argument for 500'th time.

Also she is a big fan of heaven and hell and thinks people always get what they deserve.
18-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Repeat back any bat shit crazy thing she says and replace the word god with magical unicorn.
Preferably carry around a book about unicorns and make up shit like "On wednesday's it pleases the unicorn when ass's are slapped"
Then slap her or her ass, your choice.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
18-02-2014, 02:06 PM
As has been discussed in various threads... A punishment will only work if it is proportionate, teaches something, and offers a chance for redemption.

Eternal torment in hell is not a punishment... its sadism.

We can draw two conclusions... Either its not true, or God is a sadistic psychopath who enjoys seeing people suffer. In either case, he ain't worthy of worship.

Assuming he exists and Hell is a real place... If the entire population of earth acknowledged the brutality and sadistic nature of this god, and stood up to him, what would God do? Damn everyone? It would put his "plan" to shit and he'd be mighty lonely and bored up there.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-02-2014, 02:08 PM
(18-02-2014 02:06 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  As has been discussed in various threads... A punishment will only work if it is proportionate, teaches something, and offers a chance for redemption.

We can draw two conclusions... Either its not true, or God is a sadistic psychopath who enjoys seeing people suffer. In either case, he ain't worthy of worship.

Assuming he exists and Hell is a real place... If the entire population of earth acknowledged the brutality and sadistic nature of this god, and stood up to him, what would God do? Damn everyone? It would put his "plan" to shit and he'd be mighty lonely and bored up there.

It's hard to debate when people say same stupid shit 100 times and you debunk it but they say it again and again. You always come back to where you started. I don't know what to do with people like that.

I explained to her 70 times that if god knows the future then people are doomed to hell before they were born.
18-02-2014, 02:41 PM
(18-02-2014 02:08 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(18-02-2014 02:06 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  As has been discussed in various threads... A punishment will only work if it is proportionate, teaches something, and offers a chance for redemption.

It's hard to debate when people say same stupid shit 100 times and you debunk it but they say it again and again. You always come back to where you started. I don't know what to do with people like that.

I explained to her 70 times that if god knows the future then people are doomed to hell before they were born.

If you find the conversation going nowhere. The best thing to do is say "is there anything I or anyone can say that would change your mind?" If they say no... end the conversation there, because they aren't engaging you in the debate.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user