Online Anonymity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Online Anonymity
So I found this website and, call me paranoid, but I've decided I'm going to block out as much Google pervasiveness as possible. I always knew ad sites kind of tracked you but I never figured it was as bad as it is so I figured I'd share this site with you:

Don't Track Us

So if you're as concerned with your privacy as I am I figure you'll be equally interested. Take care out there my internet surfing comrades!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2011, 11:00 PM
RE: Online Anonymity
(08-02-2011 10:55 PM)Green Wrote:  So I found this website and, call me paranoid, but I've decided I'm going to block out as much Google pervasiveness as possible. I always knew ad sites kind of tracked you but I never figured it was as bad as it is so I figured I'd share this site with you:

Don't Track Us

So if you're as concerned with your privacy as I am I figure you'll be equally interested. Take care out there my internet surfing comrades!

Thanks! When I am not drunk, that will become my new homepage. If it still looks as good in the morning as it does right now Wink google will be out of my life forever

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
08-02-2011, 11:31 PM
It's the internet. Who DOESNT track you?

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2011, 11:36 PM
I did a rant on facebook about the church and pedophilia a while back... and recently I googled my name just to see if I still held my high school track sprint medley record (vanity? you betcha) and like the 8th google search result was just labeled "Pedophilia" and my name was highlighted in bold in the description... it was just a link to my rant, but c'mon google, you're gonna land me a spot on To Catch A Predator.

And now that I've posted this, there are probably now 2 such search results.

And Firefox + AdBlock is the way to go. I haven't seen an ad on youtube for years.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
09-02-2011, 12:33 AM
I love adblock plus. The internet is a better place while it's working.

09-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Does anyone know how to go about connecting to Tor? The only place I've heard much about it was Encyclopedia Dramatica, and I don't entirely trust them. ;>.>

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Interestingly, the spouse and I were discussing this just yesterday. Thanks Green!

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
09-02-2011, 07:53 PM
For searches I tend to use inPrivate browsing, but for my common sites I use regular (because it memorizes my passwords and I never need to sign in). Now I see this is a good habit lol.
11-02-2011, 05:59 AM
(09-02-2011 06:51 PM)LeviTimes Wrote:  Does anyone know how to go about connecting to Tor? The only place I've heard much about it was Encyclopedia Dramatica, and I don't entirely trust them. ;>.>

http://www.torproject.org/

Tor is good - it offers anonimity by passing you through multiple proxy servers so you original IP is impossible to track.
It's easy just download the application and the plug-in.
Just 2 problems :
1)It's VERY slow as your signal bounces through tens of machines
2)It only works with Mozilla (last I checked)

And people ask me why I don't use Facebook - ha. The main problem with Google is that their CEO is an utter ass. Look up interviews of him on YouTube.He's stance is basically "if you don't have anything to hide , you don't need privacy".

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin