Online Dating Horror Stories, Vol 1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Online Dating Horror Stories, Vol 1
First all Hi, I am Jerry. I have been divorce for the last 2 years. And since I don't go to church or bars, I decided online dating was a good option. You here all the wonderful stories of how a couple met each other and it was only by the internet that they could have.

Well, I was skeptical, but it does make sense. I mean, you can view and chat with more people online and in a set distance than you could actually driving around looking. That would be creepy!

So for the last three years (yes, I dated before I was divorced, but out of the house) I have done the gauntlet of site: Plenty Of Messed Up Fish, Not OK Cupid, Not A Match.com, and eHardmoneypissedaway. And yet I even after I put in my religious views and Non-Religious or Atheist, I still get messages asking why I don't believe from my "matches"! Its crazy! Or better yet, at about date three religion does come up and they are "shocked" that I am not a believer! I mean, didn't you read my profile? They are shocked and speechless, which is a feat for some. And then I get the, "well you are a good person but I want to date a believer," letdown.

Anyone else with the same experience?

Jerry

I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2013, 10:58 AM
RE: Online Dating Horror Stories, Vol 1
When men use dating sites, they're worried that when they meet the girl in real life she could be fat.
When women use dating sites, they're worried that when the meet the guy in real life he could rape and/or murder them

I have had experiences of discovering that potential partners had religious beliefs (whether institutionalized, or new age). It's surprising, and was a bit disconcerting. I could never live with that, even if it's a mild belief that never really comes into play. I was never confident or adamant enough to pursue it and try to "de convert" them. I'm far from tactful, and religiosity is too much of a thorn for me to tip toe around. It may be laziness or ineptness on my part to not be able to work through this.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post