Online conversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2015, 08:15 PM
RE: Online conversion
(03-11-2015 07:54 PM)Losty Wrote:  
(03-11-2015 01:25 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Yes, I'm getting tired of your shit, USA.

Hey we are tired of it too. I always have to convert stuff because most of my friends aren't American.
And I have to convert stuff to the murican way so you guys understand me. Plus I hafta convert back because some people ain't as nice as you.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2015, 09:01 PM
(03-11-2015 08:12 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  [Image: thechive-tapiture-best-sunday-metric.jpg]

ouch. Big Grin

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
03-11-2015, 10:54 PM
Shots fired

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 2 users Like Imathinker's post
03-11-2015, 11:15 PM
(03-11-2015 08:12 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  [Image: thechive-tapiture-best-sunday-metric.jpg]

Thanks to the Russians, space travel continues and the Chinese forgot they left a cup of noodles, oh that's not right, a capsule, yes, a capsule in space that accidentally saved/rescued Sandra Bullock from George Clooney's ghost!

That earlier bit with the first man in space was the Russian Germans fighting the American Germans.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
03-07-2016, 12:14 PM
From a technical and engineering perspective full conversion to SI units is a no brainer. Especially in the era of globalization.

Because of widespread software technology this may have been more important in the past than today. The irony though, the Mars Climate Orbiter was lost because of a software error related to the use of US units where SI units were expected.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
03-07-2016, 01:21 PM
(03-07-2016 12:14 PM)tomilay Wrote:  From a technical and engineering perspective full conversion to SI units is a no brainer. Especially in the era of globalization.

You can add to that list the scientific perspective (though it may have been implied). Every biology paper I read uses the metric system.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
03-07-2016, 01:29 PM
I am a full blood AMURICUN, let them commie metric bastids use our system! Evil_monster

Yes, I think we should but I want them to wait until I retire so I can ignore it. Tongue

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
03-07-2016, 01:47 PM
(03-07-2016 01:21 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 12:14 PM)tomilay Wrote:  From a technical and engineering perspective full conversion to SI units is a no brainer. Especially in the era of globalization.

You can add to that list the scientific perspective (though it may have been implied). Every biology paper I read uses the metric system.

My son now almost exclusively uses the metric system and he uses Celsius too.

Fucking kids, we should be weighing shit with stones like they do it in Britain. Where do these kids think we are, Canada?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-07-2016, 01:59 PM
(03-07-2016 01:29 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I am a full blood AMURICUN, let them commie metric bastids use our system! Evil_monster

Yes, I think we should but I want them to wait until I retire so I can ignore it. Tongue

Only if you never go grocery shopping or buy gas. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-07-2016, 02:39 PM
(03-07-2016 01:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  ...
My son now almost exclusively uses the metric system and he uses Celsius too.

Fucking kids, we should be weighing shit with stones like they do it in Britain. Where do these kids think we are, Canada?

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post