Online privacy is for terrorists!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Online privacy is for terrorists!
The FBI recently launched a new folder with information about what is to be considered suspicious behaviour.

So if you go to an internet café and see someone doing one of the following activities, be sure to report him to the authorities!

-communicating through a PC game
-attempts to shield the screen from view of others
-use of anonymizers, portals, or other means to shield IP address
-gather information about vulnerable infrastructure or obtain photos, maps or diagrams of transportation, sporting venues, or populated locations

So, if you're a tourist looking for a popular museum and decide to say hello to your friends on World of Warcraft at the same time, don't be surprised to get stuck in Guantanamo for a year or 6. The land of the free indeed... Confused

The did put this at the bottom though:
Quote:It is important to remember that just because someone’s speech, actions, beliefs, appearance, or way of life is different; it does not mean that he or she is suspicious.

Yeah right Dodgy

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2012, 04:15 PM
RE: Online privacy is for terrorists!
To be honest I'm kinda in the middle on this one.

I think that with this (and other such debates) that one hand you have scare-mongering from the authorities that is totally excessive but on the other hand you have the other side bleating on about 'privacy' and 'the principle' of things and they pretty much pave the way for criminals.

As far as the internet goes then it is clearly ridiculous to suggest that anyone engaging in those activities is a criminal. However, I can easily imagine that those are behaviours that are common amongst individuals committing crimes.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
02-02-2012, 04:21 PM
I get happier and happier on a monthly basis that I am not living in Amerika. They talk about how free everyone is but control every single step you do and scare you with things like "terrorism" so you stay in line. Sounds so wonderful ...NOT

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
02-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Religion not enough to scare you? Try fear mongering with terrorism!