Only I can judge God. I is you if you choose to be.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2012, 01:27 PM
RE: Only I can judge God. I is you if you choose to be.
(30-10-2012 07:26 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Stop being a sheep and rise to your true inheritance as a shepherd. That is the message Jesus wants you to recognize.

When I became an atheist, I stopped being a sheep. So Jesus should be happy with me.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
31-10-2012, 01:31 PM
(30-10-2012 08:29 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 07:33 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Sounds like a messianic pep talk before an uprising.

I preferred Aragorn's "it is not this day" speech. Or Theoden's for that matter.
Or "I have a dream"

We have moved on.

Atheists are about in the same position as the theists I target with this more intelligent view.

You just name your Gods differently.

Plato, Socrates, Einstein etc.

Thinking out of their own bubble is hard for all of us as we are all fundamentals in our thinking patterns. That is why in these forums, no one is changing their minds on almost anything.

The only difference with non-believers is that they have not degraded their thinking with a belief in fantasy, miracles and magic.

Regards
DL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqpGiwNtMvY

Flush out your head new guy.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
31-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Must be the moon phase. All these prophets here startin up their new beligions this week. Alright. Which one of you did the 2-fer add ? Fess up now, or else. Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
31-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Beligions? Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2012, 03:08 PM
(31-10-2012 03:06 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Beligions? Tongue

beligions Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
31-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Yea, ona counta they is beligious. Big Grin

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
01-11-2012, 07:54 AM
"God in other words, ---- is defined as laws and rules and such as they are the only thing you can follow at all times, ---- and these are set by you and you are in effect ruling yourself in terms of following the God construct you have developed."

Convenient. God is indistinguishable from the innate sense of self-preservation ingrained in all life through natural selection. Why call that god again?

"Jesus is telling you that you and your heart are the only things of importance in terms of leadership as it is the rules you have accepted as worthy of following. Jesus warned that at end times there would be a number of Jesus’ to choose from and morality is what you will have to choose from."

Once again, my innate sense of morality is conveniently what I should follow. How surprising...and not dodgy at all. Dodgy

"That is why I think it important to evaluate what Jesus said and determine if it is worthy and moral or not."

“Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division” (Luke 12:51).

"For there are eunuchs, that were so born from their mother's womb: and there are eunuchs, that were made eunuchs by men: and there are eunuchs, that made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it." (Matthew 19:12 ASV)

And Jesus also advocated for people not to save for the future nor marry because he was convinced the end times were upon them. So not everything Jesus said is moral or worthy. I can get better stories from Disney.

"This may be a good time for you to contemplate such a move as many Christians haves rejected the O.T. God and only focus on Jesus and loving policies."

A) Ignoring the pieces you don't like for the sake of strengthening your argument is called Special Pleading
B) Jesus said things that were not always moral or good (see above), so do you ignore those New Testament verses too?
C) What about Acts? That book is just crazy.

"Apotheosis means just recognizing that you are on a journey of being your own God."

God was my imaginary figure. I was not really him and he was not really me, he was merely constrained by the limits of my imagination and confined to my brain.

"You cannot get away from that fact so you may as well forget about fantasy, miracles and magic. They were never real and you are the strongest force you will ever know."

So the portions of the New Testament that claim Jesus performed miracles are untrue? If that is the case, why should I trust anything said in it if any piece of it can be demonstrated to by myth?

"There is no other force that can do this and therefore you are God in the real sense of being master of yourself."

Some of your fellow theists would disagree. We are a series of chemical reactions. In that sense, we don't actually have free will. It is merely an illusion since the driving force behind what we do and say is a series of non-living chemical processes. So, even I am not the "master" of myself. I am merely here, existing.

"You cannot reject the knowledge of good and evil so I cannot fathom why you would throw away the fact that you as well can become as Gods."

Good and evil don't exist in nature or in reality. Some things are detrimental to life and others are beneficial, and some are both. Right and wrong, black and white, good and evil...these are all end-members on a spectrum of morality as it exists in nature. Forest fires are bad...for most occupants of the forest...in the short term. But forest fires clear undergrowth and rid the forest of dead trees. Some animals die, yes. Some healthy trees die, yes. But the long-term health of the forest and its occupants is improved. Good or bad? It is both.

"The moral of Jesus and his sacrifice is that we should accept being God, and ruling ourselves even against a government if needs be."

The very fact that a human was sacrificed is immoral. Why should anyone have to die to save someone from something that is innate in them? It is absurd.

"The time of the end is when Jesus becomes your God on earth, ---- again this is you, --- who takes the place of the mythical heavenly God of war. Jesus/you, as the way, the man’s way of judging first, not some absentee God’s unknown standard. Your covenant with yourself is to be the new covenant. Man answering to man and himself. Not to some unknown God."

This is just babble.

"This clip from J. Haidt shows that we instinctively share God’s morals. In this we are truly Gods and children of God."

How dare you insult me like that. I would never ask someone to sacrifice their own child for ANYTHING!!!! God is an immoral dictator, a jealous and self-righteous prick. I am better than that.

"I am God because I am the only one who is capable of judging the God I know.
You are a God in your own rite as you are the only one who is capable of judging the God you know."

You want to be god? Go ahead, but don't ask me to believe it or give a crap about anything you say.

And once again, what is the point of trying to redefine the word "god" so as to make it every individual on the planet? You are not strengthening it, you are making it an irrelevant term.

"In politics a noble lie is a myth or untruth, often, but not invariably, of a religious nature, knowingly told by an elite to maintain social harmony or to advance an agenda."

Like, you are your own god?

"Try thinking as the God that you are. Stop being a sheep and rise to your true inheritance as a shepherd. That is the message Jesus wants you to recognize."

I did start thinking, and my conclusion was that god and every concept of god I have ever heard of god is irrational, illogical, and absurd. Your definition included. I question my beliefs daily so as not to become a sheep again. Do you?

[Image: CtipW.gif]

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
06-11-2012, 01:30 PM
(01-11-2012 07:54 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And once again, what is the point of trying to redefine the word "god" so as to make it every individual on the planet? You are not strengthening it, you are making it an irrelevant term.
Exactly.
Now try to think further than your dick and wonder why I would post this for both theists and non-theists.
Regards
DL
06-11-2012, 01:30 PM
A worthy view on Jesus and
worth the listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

Regards
DL
[+] 1 user Likes Greatest I am's post
06-11-2012, 01:38 PM
(06-11-2012 01:30 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(01-11-2012 07:54 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And once again, what is the point of trying to redefine the word "god" so as to make it every individual on the planet? You are not strengthening it, you are making it an irrelevant term.
Exactly.
Now try to think further than your dick and wonder why I would post this for both theists and non-theists.
Regards
DL
Whoa man. What the hell?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post