Only atheist questions and theist answers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2014, 05:02 PM
Only atheist questions and theist answers
The idea behind this thread is that atheists are only allowed to ask questions. They aren't allow to put forward an argument. Only theists are allowed to answer. Theists on the other hand are not allowed to ask questions.

There are three reasons for this.

1) Think of it as an exercise in critical thinking.

Nobel Laureate Eric Kandel argues the importance of asking the right question and picking the right system to examine that question. As an example, you could wrack your brains trying to figure out how Santa Claus delivers all his presents on Christmas Eve but never ask whether Santa Claus actually exists.

2) When communicating ideas, it is far harder if you need to resort to esoterical knowledge that your listener cannot appreciate and has no interest in. But if you can find the right questions to show them the logical inconsistency of their argument then you have a chance of changing their mind on certain matters.

3) It is an exercise in finding the essential flaw in an argument and phrasing it concisely so that the listener doesn't answer a different question that they would prefer was asked.

I appreciate that people still want to engage in banter so please put your questions in bold.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
05-02-2014, 05:04 PM
RE: Only atheist questions and theist answers
I'll start (feel free to post your own)

Q) Is God part of the universe or outside of it?
05-02-2014, 05:24 PM
(05-02-2014 05:02 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  The idea behind this thread is that atheists are only allowed to ask questions. They aren't allow to put forward an argument. Only theists are allowed to answer. Theists on the other hand are not allowed to ask questions.

There is no possible chance in Hell this thread will work like this.

But good luck in your experiment!

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
05-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Are we allowed to make comment-based (non-question) rebuttals of things we find inaccurate or baseless? I'm assuming answers can be met with more questions, otherwise this would be pointless.

As to the topic at hand:

Q) Do people have free will in heaven? More specifically: do they have the capacity to do bad things? Why?
05-02-2014, 08:10 PM
I'll go with the same questions that I posed to Drich.

Why do you believe what you believe? And, Would you accept that reason for believing as sufficient in any other circumstances?
05-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Q: To Non-Muslims: Why is Islam incorrect? The Quran (probably) has as much history as the Bible, why is it wrong?
To Muslims: Why is Christianity incorrect? The Bible (probably) has as much history as the Quran, why is it wrong?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
05-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Q: Why did god not act on the prayers of the thousands of children getting raped by his servants on church grounds.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
05-02-2014, 10:09 PM
This thread won't work. Because at least sometimes you will need to correct theists, when they misrepresent something again. Also, the forum visitors are undisciplined and will destroy the seriosity of this thread. Why don't you pick a theist and do this kind of a thing with him in a kind of "debate" in the collosseum? I would be excited to follow it Smile

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
05-02-2014, 10:23 PM
If there is proof of God's existence, why can no one agree on what it is or how to interpret it?
**Assuming he's/she's/it's all knowing, powerful, yada-yada, shouldn't he be able to do something that would erase all doubt of nonexistence?

Also, who's to say that all religions aren't wrong and atheism is correct?

Imagine the look on the "faithful's" faces! Laugh out load

Atir aissom atir imon
05-02-2014, 11:56 PM
Am I allowed to make statements in the form of a question? What a dumb idea this thread is, don't you agree?...for example? Could I just end every statement with a question mark...the way chicks in California talk? Because they talk like this?

I feell it's extremely important to set such ground rules...er uhm...?

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.