Only in America

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Only in America
Only in the USA would anyone consider taking a Psychotic ex-Solider to a Gun Range for Therapy. As you can guess, it didn't turn out well and two people were killed including ex-Navy Seal Chris Kyle who humbly wrote a book about his exploits in the Mideast entitled, "American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History". Well....seems like the guy who shot him was even more lethal.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio...d/1887327/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2013, 03:26 PM
RE: Only in America
terrible thread is terrible

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-02-2013, 04:30 PM
(04-02-2013 02:27 PM)Julius Wrote:  Only in the USA would anyone consider taking a Psychotic ex-Solider to a Gun Range for Therapy.
As a general idea, yes I do also think that this is plain stupid. However, after reading the article, I can sort of see why they may have thought that the shooting range might have been a possible form of therapy for Routh. He did serve in Iraq and was a soldier for the past 3 and a half years. I'm no expert but perhaps based on that fact (perhaps that fact alone?) they decided that target practice might ease his anxiety or something.

Again, I do agree that handing a weapon to something who is mentally unstable is about the most unsafe thing anyone in their right mind can do though.

Regards,
Lucius

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes Lucius's post
05-02-2013, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 08:27 PM by Julius.)
(05-02-2013 04:30 PM)Lucius Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 02:27 PM)Julius Wrote:  Only in the USA would anyone consider taking a Psychotic ex-Solider to a Gun Range for Therapy.
As a general idea, yes I do also think that this is plain stupid. However, after reading the article, I can sort of see why they may have thought that the shooting range might have been a possible form of therapy for Routh. He did serve in Iraq and was a soldier for the past 3 and a half years. I'm no expert but perhaps based on that fact (perhaps that fact alone?) they decided that target practice might ease his anxiety or something.

Again, I do agree that handing a weapon to something who is mentally unstable is about the most unsafe thing anyone in their right mind can do though.
Yeah...I figured Kyle was trying to help in the only way he knew how - he just didn't know very much and this cost him his life. Furthermore while I think it is sad Kyle died in such a stupid manner, I'm not sure I'm going to mourn his passing. I mean, the guy was a self-promoting Bragert of the first order who was all too willing to capitilize on the very worst parts of his "War-Hero status. I mean, when I read the autobiography of a guy like Audy Murphy or Alvin York, it makes me cringe - it sickens me - to see this guy promote his ultimate fighting system like some whacked-out Chuck Norris on steroids (http://www.thecraft.com/AboutUs.html).

Do you realize that guys like York and Murphy did in an afternoon what took this guy a career to achieve? Yet...they never bragged about how deadly they were nor did they set up some kind of high-dollar Gunslinging Dojo for the steroid-pumped skinhead types you see so often on SWAT Teams and in Special Forces. The guy - Kyle - takes killing to a fetish. And this is so sad.
05-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Very, very sad.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]