Only one man can fix this economy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2012, 01:08 AM
Only one man can fix this economy
Sick of uncle tom bama. Sick of fakeromney. nutturum. Vote for the future of america: Gary Johnson. http://www.garyjohnson2012.com Keep 100% of your income. balanced budget 1st year. Cut spending in half. No irs. A flat consumptian tax only. This economy will boom. unfortunately, this country is full of stupid people. They will vote for the same fakes every 4 years.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2012, 02:31 AM
RE: Only one man can fix this economy
Defense probably makes up about that much... I vote we cut that drastically. Balanced budget instantly.

I WIN! Vote for me!

PS: Keeping 100% of your income, yah that's retarded... The disparity from the rich and the poor is already outrageous, lets not make it much worse.
[+] 1 user Likes mysticjbyrd's post
28-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Consumption taxes are terrible. Here's why.

Jim makes $2.5M a year as the CEO of a corporation. However, he only spends $250,000 per year on all of his expenses. Therefore, only 10% of his income is taxable. The rest has been reinvested in areas that will loophole him into a huge tax break.

Adam makes $25,000 per year as the quick lube tech at Jiffy Lube. He spends all $25K of his income on expenses and even then he struggles to get by. Therefore, all 100% of his income is taxable. He has nothing left to save and invest.

OP, are you okay with taxing poor people on 100% of their income while much of the rich only get taxed on 10 or even 5% of theirs?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
28-02-2012, 10:29 AM
The economy is improving now actually.
28-02-2012, 12:49 PM
(28-02-2012 10:29 AM)kineo Wrote:  The economy is improving now actually.

What makes you think that???

Link???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-02-2012, 12:51 PM
(28-02-2012 12:49 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(28-02-2012 10:29 AM)kineo Wrote:  The economy is improving now actually.

What makes you think that???

Link???

Nearly every indicator of economic growth.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
28-02-2012, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2012 01:14 PM by bemore.)
oh........

http://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/201...s-economy/

Wish the same could be said over here (UK)

I suppose all we can do is wait for the next two quarter results to come out.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-02-2012, 01:15 PM
I'm stealing this from the comments of the article because it reflects pretty much what I got out of it:

Quote:(1) jobs are improving, just not very fast
(2) corporate earnings are improving, just not very fast (unless you include the best companies), and
(3) the housing market is not rebounding, but it has perhaps bottomed

I think there's a lot of scare out there, and articles like this like to contribute for political purposes.
28-02-2012, 02:00 PM
(28-02-2012 01:06 PM)bemore Wrote:  oh........

http://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/201...s-economy/

Wish the same could be said over here (UK)

I suppose all we can do is wait for the next two quarter results to come out.

I haven't followed the UK's economic troubles so I'm not sure about things over there. Here though, unemployment is dropping, markets are up, banks are lending, consumer spending is up, etc. There is still a big jobs problem and welfare is out of control but things are definitly better now than say, 3 years ago. We're on the upswing IMO.

-Mark Twain
28-02-2012, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2012 02:52 PM by satan69.)
The economy isnt improving. Its a illusion. If i borrowed, printed, and then spent 6 trillion dollars, i could temporarily boost the economy too,if you call over 8% unemployment boosted. Once that money is spent, since we have no real economy, Tombama will have to spend and borrow even more money to get the small boost he got last time. You know what that means: GREECE and/or HYPERINFLATION BABY! The economy collapses under all that debt. Bond market collapses. interest rates shoot to the moon. 40 years of unfunded promises to get votes finally collapses: social security,medicare,medicaid, public union workers, and the whole welfare state collapses. Remember, what you are saying is the same bs they said when the nasdaq was 5000 and real estate would never go down. Everything looks good until it doesn't.

There is a prebate in the fairtax. http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer
Poor people would get a certain amount back. It's about time everyone started paying their share of fed taxes, since half america pays none.everyone gets the same or more government services as rich people. barring bailouts and special privileges for the rich,we should all pay the same tax.btw, where do you get 100% of 25k. you dont pay tax on rent,mortgage, and car payments.