Only one not invited to wedding

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Only one not invited to wedding
A couple at my church recently had a wedding and when I saw the pictures on Facebook it looked like I was the only one not invited. I even saw this a pic of this girl that they just met three weeks ago that just started coming to my church at the wedding. Did they really invite someone they had just met three weeks before their wedding to their wedding and not me? I have been going there a year. 
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2014, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 07:19 PM by Bows and Arrows.)
RE: Only one not invited to wedding
Do you hang out with this couple outside of church?

Do you visit (socially) to their home? This does not include bible study or other church geared events. I'm talking you hang out with them because you are friends, not just church mates.

Are you an out atheist?

Could be lots of reasons, and for the record, some people crash weddings and just show up. I have done it and had it done to me, so there's that.

Take the high road, send them congratulations and be glad you don't have to spend money on a gift.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
10-09-2014, 05:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 06:10 PM by Deidre32.)
This OP (different username, identical post) was banned on AF yesterday for being a troll. Just sayin
(AF username was ashgirl, I think)

I gave good advice though! I'm not savvy at detecting trolls. :/

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
10-09-2014, 06:36 PM
(10-09-2014 05:42 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  This OP (different username, identical post) was banned on AF yesterday for being a troll. Just sayin
(AF username was ashgirl, I think)

I gave good advice though! I'm not savvy at detecting trolls. :/

This is why trolls don't particularly bother me. They often result in a dialog among proper members which can be quite insightful.

In the OP's case, I'd just ignore it and pretend I wasn't aware and maintain the same attitude I had about the couple before I had this info. Life's too short to take offense.

#sigh
10-09-2014, 07:43 PM
I don't disagree...I was just passing info along...nothing more/less. :=)

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
10-09-2014, 08:18 PM
That is a curious situation (assume not troll for the sake of discussion). What is even more curious is going to a wedding of somebody who isn't a close friend or family member. Is that common in churches? I've never been part of one so I really have no clue.

Anyways, assuming you are real....just try to let it go. There is so much more to do in life than to worry about why you weren't invited to one thing or the other.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
11-09-2014, 12:01 AM
Oh yeah? I bet I can top that! My former neighbors I used to live with during my childhood. I was friends with the boy there for a good 15 years of my life as well as his older sister AND the younger one.

Was even somewhat friends with the youngest there. Did I even get so much as a Dear John I am getting married letter?! Nooooo!

Known each other for our whole entire lives and grew up together. Babysat the young girl many years ago and did I even so much as get word from them about a wedding or anything?

Nope!

I had to hear about them getting married from their mum when I just happen to accidentally bump into her one day on the street during a festival. Not one facebook invite, not twitter or anything.

Nuttin.

Do I care? A tiny bit but I ain't gonna complain.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
11-09-2014, 04:26 AM
In churches I have attended it has been common for an open invitation to be issues for all church members to attend the service, while the reception is limited to specific invitees. In fact when I was a child one couple decided that their ideal wedding was to set aside a few minutes during a normal Sunday church service to perform the ceremony and then return to their seats for the standard praise and worship sections of the service. These aren't impersonal megachurches. They are community and they are family. Rejecting the wish of a regular church attendee to attend the service would be like barring an uncle from attending.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
11-09-2014, 04:39 AM
(11-09-2014 04:26 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  In churches I have attended it has been common for an open invitation to be issues for all church members to attend the service, while the reception is limited to specific invitees. In fact when I was a child one couple decided that their ideal wedding was to set aside a few minutes during a normal Sunday church service to perform the ceremony and then return to their seats for the standard praise and worship sections of the service. These aren't impersonal megachurches. They are community and they are family. Rejecting the wish of a regular church attendee to attend the service would be like barring an uncle from attending.

Good point, it's possible an announcement was made at a service inviting everyone and the OP just wasn't in attendance, and missed the invite.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
11-09-2014, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2014 09:44 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Content removed

[Image: oie_9101658pvlrOK2Z_zpsd5fb1967.png]