are Religions and require a Leap of Faith. Some Philosophers
believe that God exists by reason of his own necessity. But
you can go round and round with that - much like Theism
and Atheism.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2013, 05:45 PM
RE: Only the Agnostic gets to smirk
(20-08-2013 05:38 PM)Buddhist Alternative Wrote:  The only Non-Religion is Agnoticism. Since neither Theists
or Atheists can prove or disprove the existence of God - both
and Atheism.

For some reason, this post reminded me of the '92 Presidential Elections.

Can you guess who Ross Perot is?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
20-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Nope, wrong.

Nothing can be proved 100%, scientifically speaking, yet things can be proved to such an extent that it might as well be 100%.
Gravity for example.

The difference between agnostics and atheists is that agnostics are stupid cunts.
For example, if I drop something I don't know 100% before hand that that item will hit the floor. BUT the chance of it not hitting the floor, due to gravity, is so tiny and insignificant that to assume otherwise is fucking stupid.
Atheism and Agnostic is the same. The chance there is a god is so tiny and insignificant that to even acknowledge that there is a percentage chance God exists, is fucking stupid and retarded.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
20-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Why do your threads always come in threes? Can't you just make one thread and stick to it?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-08-2013, 05:59 PM
(20-08-2013 05:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Nope, wrong.

Nothing can be proved 100%, scientifically speaking, yet things can be proved to such an extent that it might as well be 100%.
Gravity for example.

The difference between agnostics and atheists is that agnostics are stupid cunts.
For example, if I drop something I don't know 100% before hand that that item will hit the floor. BUT the chance of it not hitting the floor, due to gravity, is so tiny and insignificant that to assume otherwise is fucking stupid.
Atheism and Agnostic is the same. The chance there is a god is so tiny and insignificant that to even acknowledge that there is a percentage chance God exists, is fucking stupid and retarded.

There is a difference between an unanswerable question and a law of physics (Gravity) which can be tested. Atheists believe that there is no such thing as a Supreme Consciousness or Supreme Being. Theists believe that there is a Supreme Consciousness. Both groups are unshakeable in their BELIEF.
20-08-2013, 06:07 PM
(20-08-2013 05:59 PM)Buddhist Alternative Wrote:  

Gravity for example.

There is a difference between an unanswerable question and a law of physics (Gravity) which can be tested. Atheists believe that there is no such thing as a Supreme Consciousness or Supreme Being. Theists believe that there is a Supreme Consciousness. Both groups are unshakeable in their BELIEF.

Supreme consciousness... Egor? is that you..again?

Also, Atheists don't "believe" in no God. They asked theists to present their evidence for their believes and the theists were unable to deliver.
Atheists are not unshakable because they're mindless drones like theists, they're unshakable because theists have yet to prove their "theory" correct...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
20-08-2013, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2013 08:28 PM by Bucky Ball.)
100 % false.
Theists say they believe in something which cannot be proven, and for which there is no evidence. That is belief.

Atheists dismiss ALL claims for which there is no evidence, including any gods.
One is very a specific claim, and the other a general position with respect to all of Reality. They are in no way equivalent. If "dismissal" of that, for which there is no evidence, is "belief", then so is "dismissal of the notion there is a 1957 Chevy orbiting Pluto", a belief system.

Others, (such as Igtheists), won't even consider the whole concept unless a "supreme" being" can be defined coherently. You cannot, and neither can anyone else, without invoking at least two philosophical fallacies.

But thanks for the sermon, and telling us what and how we MUST think.
Fucking little Hitlers all over the place this summer. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Re: RE: Only the Agnostic gets to smirk
(20-08-2013 05:59 PM)Buddhist Alternative Wrote:  

Gravity for example.

Not necessarily so what you say of atheists.

Agnostic atheists make up a great deal of the people who profess atheism.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
20-08-2013, 11:11 PM
If you talk to most agnostics you find that really they are atheists... it's come to the point where it's difficult to tell them apart.

Personally, I see no evidence for god/gods so I don't believe in him/them. But I'm not closed to the possibility entirely... I identify myself as an atheist. Many others who share exactly the same view choose the term "agnostic".

As Richard Dawkins puts it... there are two kinds of agnosticism, Temporary Agnosticism in Practice (TAP), and Permanent Agnosticism in Principal (PAP)... the former refers to a period of doubt and truth seeking, followed by a decision one way or the other. The latter refers to those who simply cannot make up their minds... and are stuck in a permanent state of indecision.

Really I think there should be a third category... those who simply don't concern themselves with the matter either way, and ignore religion as a whole.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-08-2013, 12:50 AM
(20-08-2013 05:38 PM)Buddhist Alternative Wrote:  The only Non-Religion is Agnoticism. Since neither Theists
or Atheists can prove or disprove the existence of God - both
and Atheism.

Great, another pseudo-militant agnostic.
Hold on a second....
Ghost, is that you?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.