Ontology of belief

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2014, 06:33 AM
RE: Ontology of belief
This thread is only mostly dead

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
04-05-2014, 11:46 AM
(04-05-2014 06:33 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  This thread is only mostly dead
It's been mostly dead all day.
04-05-2014, 09:08 PM
(04-05-2014 03:44 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I don't know what references people are now making but suddenly the thread is making more sense!

http://princessbrideforever.com/

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
05-05-2014, 12:35 AM
(02-05-2014 10:00 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 01:52 AM)Dee Wrote:  ...
This was fun.

Nice one. Bowing

Ironically, the only answer actually focused on the question in the OP seemed bizarrely off topic.

You have been docked 20 internet points.

Yes

And see me after class.

Tongue

I know, but I felt really quite alone in the thread so decided to let my mind wander, and see where I wound up. I'll accept the dock points.

A professor told me something just like that once. He said I still got the best grade in the class Yes

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
08-05-2014, 02:27 AM
(03-05-2014 04:54 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  No one thinks they're smarter than you...

Actually I do.

His signature alone gets the substance of Atheism wrong ... three times in a single sentence. Hell I've never read any Humanist literature that claims that humans DEFINE reality let alone in the same way theists think god does which is what his wording seems to suggest.

It's not even ontological... it's a philosophical and ethical position sure but it does not philosophically fall under ontology.

There is about 6 or more mistakes in his own signature so yes I do think I am. On this subject at least.Drinking Beverage
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
08-05-2014, 04:45 AM
I would imagine that someone like him with such a flawed understanding of basic concepts would have difficulty understanding the flaws.

Its the same with people who experience some level of brain damage through some physical trauma. They are unaware that the damage may effect their thought processes.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
08-05-2014, 07:32 AM
(08-05-2014 02:27 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Actually I do.

Welcome to the forum. You know ontology? I'll start a discussion in the Philosophy board.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
08-05-2014, 08:15 AM
(08-05-2014 02:27 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 04:54 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  No one thinks they're smarter than you...

Actually I do.

His signature alone gets the substance of Atheism wrong ... three times in a single sentence. Hell I've never read any Humanist literature that claims that humans DEFINE reality let alone in the same way theists think god does which is what his wording seems to suggest.

It's not even ontological... it's a philosophical and ethical position sure but it does not philosophically fall under ontology.

There is about 6 or more mistakes in his own signature so yes I do think I am. On this subject at least.Drinking Beverage

Be ready for a tsunami of bullshit.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
08-05-2014, 10:37 AM
(08-05-2014 08:15 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Be ready for a tsunami of bullshit.
Boxing Ring board

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
08-05-2014, 02:15 PM
(08-05-2014 08:15 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Be ready for a tsunami of bullshit.

I need to remember this in case I ever write an autobiography. Bowing

Tsunami of Bullshit: How I found salvation in atheism.

Jesus is my Stalker: He has graced me with his unconditional love, but if I reject it and refuse to love him in return, he will make my life Hell.
[+] 1 user Likes djhall's post